'69 Broadcast sheet

-

2shelbys

Reaction score
I am currently working on a repro '69 Broadcast sheet. There is one in the Tech section of the Moparts site but it is wrong. It has several sections that are only correct for a later sheet. Does anyone have a good clear image of a '69 sheet they can E-Mail me? I do not have the sheet for my car but I am hoping to find it when I have the seats done this spring. If you do , please E-Mail it to [email protected]. Thanks a lot.

Have your cleared your repops with Chrysler? I doubt it....

Fake documents are just that, fakes. The ones posted on Moparts are purposely not correct so that no one gets "taken" thinking one is real.

Barry

Alaskan_TA said:
Have your cleared your repops with Chrysler? I doubt it....

Fake documents are just that, fakes. The ones posted on Moparts are purposely not correct so that no one gets "taken" thinking one is real.

Barry

No I haven't because I don't need to. I have no intention of selling or otherwise offering them to anyone. I am just rebuilding mine. Your comment about fakes is wrong because it is too broad. Something is fake when someone tries to pass it off as genuine. The window sitckers offered by people like Galen Govier are not "fakes" as you would call them. They are reproduction replacements for the originals for reference purposes, not to fool anyone. If someone like Galen does offer accurate repro Broadcast Sheets they will not be "fake" either.

If that is really MOPART's true intention that is bogus. The quality of their documents (and the colors) could never be mistaken for real even if they were authentically aged and printed on the proper paper. If you can not post something accurate (especially on a "Tech page") you should not post it at all.

I am not looking to start a war here, but you said;

2shelbys said:
I do not have the sheet for my car but I am hoping to find it when I have the seats done this spring.

Now you say;

2shelbys said:
No I haven't because I don't need to. I have no intention of selling or otherwise offering them to anyone. I am just rebuilding mine.

So, if you did not search the car, how do you have a sheet to "rebuild" now? Just curious.

For whatever it is worth, if the window sticker was not printed by Chrylser when the car was new, it is a fake no matter who printed it. ;-)

Barry

Alaskan_TA said:
I am not looking to start a war here, but you said;

Now you say;

So, if you did not search the car, how do you have a sheet to "rebuild" now? Just curious.

For whatever it is worth, if the window sticker was not printed by Chrylser when the car was new, it is a fake no matter who printed it. ;-)

Barry

You do not need the original to rebuild one if you have the proper reference materials and know the car. That is in fact what a "rebuild" is. You determine what can be proven as original for the car and do the research into what codes would have been on the original document. If you have the original you are merely producing a copy. There is no need to rebuild it. It may not be perfect but it will be close. If I do find the original when I do the seats this fall it will be interesting to see how close I am on the rebuild. I have looked everywhere in my car except inside the front seat tops. It was used exclusively for racing in it's early years so the broadcast was probably lost back then if it was ever in the car.

So, using your logic, any car that has repro parts not built by Chrysler is a fake car? "Fake" implies an attempt to decieve. Not all repros are "fakes".

Actually, a repop broadcast sheet is not fake, it's more like fraud. Unless you state it is a repop right on the sheet. I have no sheet for my car, and I am content to live with it.
Especially without the Chrysler license rights.

MtNemoMopar said:
Actually, a repop broadcast sheet is not fake, it's more like fraud. Unless you state it is a repop right on the sheet. I have no sheet for my car, and I am content to live with it.
Especially without the Chrysler license rights.

If you are not trying to pass it off as original it is not "fake" nor is it "fraud". Both of those words imply an attempt to deceive. It does not have to say anything right on it. If your rebuild is on modern printer paper and looks brand new and perfect (not to mention that the size and colors will also be off) it is obviously not genuine and is only a repro for reference.

Also, you do not need license rights to reproduce something for personal use, only if it is going to be marketed or published. This is something I have experience with since I used to be the membership coordinator of the SDAC. We always had to make sure we had Chrysler's OK before we published anything. Chrysler is one of 2 manufacturers (Ferrari being the other) that has always been diligent in protecting their property, as they should be.

Then why would you need one? Broadcast sheets are used in this age to document originality,thereby increasing value. You might want it for your own reasons,which is fine, but if you sell, the next owner may not be as honest as you. I'm not impressed with window stickers either.If you don't have the original,don't try to impress someone with a phony...oops,sorry "reproduction". To me, the car stands on it's own merits, not some stupid paper,that we were never meant to see anyways. These documents have done nothing but falsly raised the value of some cars, while devaluing cars which deserve better.

MtNemoMopar said:
Then why would you need one? Broadcast sheets are used in this age to document originality,thereby increasing value. You might want it for your own reasons,which is fine, but if you sell, the next owner may not be as honest as you. I'm not impressed with window stickers either.If you don't have the original,don't try to impress someone with a phony...oops,sorry "reproduction". To me, the car stands on it's own merits, not some stupid paper,that we were never meant to see anyways. These documents have done nothing but falsly raised the value of some cars, while devaluing cars which deserve better.

Wow. Have you always been able to know what people are thinking or what their intentions are? That must be amazing. Tons of people are interested in what the original docs for their cars would have looked like (that is why there is such a huge market for such things) but it does not mean they are trying to "impress someone" or fool anyone. When Galen documented my car back in 1994 I got a repro window sticker with his documentation. I have never shown it with the car (all though many people do) nor have I shown the copy of the original Bill of Sale and MSO that I do have. I don't care to impress anyone. The fact that you see no value in something does not mean those who do have ulterior motives and it is rude to make that assumption.

Have you ever heard of anyone being fooled into overpaying for a car because of a fake Broadcast sheet or other fake document? I haven't yet. I have heard of cars with VIN plates being changed but the VIN is stamped in several places so that should not fool anyone either. And how would such a fake document manage to de-value a car?

The main point here, that you seem to be missing, is that the sheet I am working on for my car, like every repro Broadcast sheet I have ever seen, could NEVER be mistaken for original by anyone with half a brain because it is not produced with the correct size, colors, print style, or paper as the original nor is it aged. If we were discussing producing accurate, aged, authentic looking documents that could be passed off as original I would see your point and I would agree with it but here your argument is pointless because it has nothing to do with the situation at hand.

-
Back