69 Cuda bucket seats

-

Cuda340

Reaction score
What years are interchangable for bucket seats for my 69 Cuda? I can always recover them so the pattern doesn't really matter. Does any one out there have a pair? Are they all low back w/out head rests?
Thanks,
Jeff

He's right, they will interchange, but I think the 67 is the only year with the full metal back. Hard to find seats.

Also what year did head rests start. My 67s dont have any. I think 69 they all did.

The headrests were a rare option on 67's, a little more common but still optional on 68's but I think by 69 they were standard.

I have a 69 with the deluxe interior but no headrests. Even in 69 I believe they were still a option.

A-100's, early B-Body's, early darts, valiants, barracuda's and sorry for my language but I have early (58-62) corvette seat's in my valiant and there very comfy

I think the headrests were a mid year 69 change,early production has no headrests and mid to late have headrests.

They must have still been an option in 69. The lady I got mine from ordered it head rest delete on the drver side. She said it would cause a blind spot. If anyone has an old seat with the guides in the back I sure could use them. I have a headrest and the bezels. thanks

66 seat frames are close enough to use. Their tracks are different and they have the full metal back like 67s. Those differences can be overcome.
The top of the back frame in a 66 seat is round tubular and wont accept a headrest. For 67 they formed that piece square which made it about a 1/2 inch shorter and punched 2 holes in it for the headrest posts.
I think those oval headrests are ugly. My 67 ragtop is sposed to have them but it wont. Did you know the proper name for them should have been neck protection addons ? Not sposed to be a pillow. Originally designed to help prevent whiplash.

Early '69 head rests were optional. Mid year '69 the head rests were mandatory as a safety feature.

The goverment mandated headrest in mid 1969.So the cars built in the first half of the year did not have to have them.In the last half of 1969 they were mandatory.In 1970 alot of the seats went from low backs to high backs for this reason.And all low back seats had to have head rests.
Jim

-
Back