69 Cuda front end rebuild

-

fishman

Reaction score
Getting ready to buy a kit to rebuild my front end on my 69. Though I see how other people made out with the different kits out there. Any input would be cool. Thanks Tom

I used a PST OE rubber kit a few years ago and was pleased with it. Most of the parts were stamped made in Mexico. I also used an Idler arm from NAPA, I can't remember if I got it in the PST kit or not, but I did buy one from NAPA for some reason.
I also used ESPO for new rear leafs, if you decide to do the rear also. For shocks I used KYB from Jegs, they were on sale at the time and I live about 12 miles from the store.

Eric
69 B5 FB 360/408
86 Ramcharger 360

Getting ready to buy a kit to rebuild my front end on my 69. Though I see how other people made out with the different kits out there. Any input would be cool. Thanks Tom

I'm doing mine right now...almost done. The LCA are being blasted and the plate stiffeners getting welded to the bottom of the arms this week.

OE rubber is what I'm using everywhere except on the sway bar and links.

Strut rods, I used the Moog 7404's instead of poly. Poly's look like too much work to modify. If you don't like them afterwards, it's a big job to replace them.

I used poly's out back in the leafs.

KYB's all around. Late model disc up front, new lines all around. And so on and so on.....

Jim

Thanks I am working on the back right now just had a 8.75 cut to the right length. I am using the springs that J.c. Whitney sells. They look really good I might have to turn my front mounts over to get the car back down. These leaves have a lot of arch. Im swaping the drums to a doner set of disc brakes off a formula S. Cant wait to get this thing back on the road. THanks again, Tom

Thanks I am working on the back right now just had a 8.75 cut to the right length. I am using the springs that J.c. Whitney sells. They look really good I might have to turn my front mounts over to get the car back down. These leaves have a lot of arch. Im swaping the drums to a doner set of disc brakes off a formula S. Cant wait to get this thing back on the road. THanks again, Tom

I'd be carefull flipping the front hangers over. It could lead to buggering up your pinion angle, and throwing your alignment off by changing your ride height.

In some cases, the attachment holes in the frame may need to be elongated which I think is another bad idea.

The springs will likely settle down after a while with the cars' weight on it.

Let us know how you make out.

Jim

DSC07259-11.jpg

I did a total rebuild with all rubber about 8 years ago. Rubber is still in perfect shape today. You will be amazed how nice these cars drive with newly rebuilt suspensions.

I used P-S-T.com setup and added Just suspension Staingless A arms and it rides GREAT

-
Back