69 cuda has paint

• Thread starter Deleted member 5414
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 5414

Finished up paint on cuda last week. Vitamin C orange. Got the vinyl top on. Now its time for assembly.

DSC00024 (Medium).JPG

DSC00025 (Medium).JPG

that looks awesome!! did your car come with a vinyl top? never seen one before.

Yes the vinyl top was a factory top as far as I can tell. We liked the look of the top and wanted to keep it. I know a lot of cuda owners took the tops off and filled the holes during repaints or restorations. Thanks for the comments.

Congradgalations busman!!
That is going to be one great A bodie cuda.=D>
I have never seen that vinyl top eather.
Keep us updated on your barracuda and keep them kids safe.:angel8:

Looks great! Can't wait to see all done, because I too have never seen a vinyl top on a fast back.

Damn, that's.... that's.... so ORANGE! Looks great! And I'll chime in too: vinyl tops are rare on fastbacks. Good call putting it back on.

This spring your going to see a flood of finished cars.

I remember seeing a 2nd. generation Barracuda in one of the Mopar magazines being painted orange and it had a 999 paint code (for special order...) and it was actually a Ford color. What WAS your original color since these cars never came in orange?

No the original color was sunfire yellow. This is my son's car and I could not convince him to go with the yellow. So he picked another color from 69 and orange it was. We started with the suspension then the engine and transmission then did the body. 318, 904 column, 3:23 posi 8 3/4, factory a/c. Will keep you posted as we progress.

No the original color was sunfire yellow. This is my son's car and I could not convince him to go with the yellow.

When I was searching for a car to restore my first concern was trying to find something that wasn't rotted to death, with color being a close second. I got lucky and found a solid car in a rare color, Turquoise. If it had been a color I wasn't crazy about (such as sunfire Yellow...) I probably would have changed the color too.

What wheels are you going with? With a color that loud your going to need something complimentary to set it off. Still, it looks good!

nice. I have a pic of a 69 mod top fastback. Flower Power ! lol
Only one I've even seen.
Took the pic at Bristol Tenn. many years ago with on of those Poorleroy cameras that spit the picture out. I'll see if my bro will scan it for me.

Wow.. seems like a lot of a-bodies are seeing fresh paint these days :) looks sweet.

I remember seeing a 2nd. generation Barracuda in one of the Mopar magazines being painted orange and it had a 999 paint code (for special order...) and it was actually a Ford color. What WAS your original color since these cars never came in orange?

i think i remember that article. it was a formual S 340/auto car i believe. he said it was 1 of 2 known to exist. about 6 months earlier, my buddy had a CLEAN 68 fastback 318/904 floor shift, a/c, p/s for sale that was 999 paint code orange. i couldn't get the money together to buy it in time and it slipped away to somewhere in the midwest. once i read that article, i was crushed. i thnk it was grabber orange by ford is what they used.

I love that black vinyl against the orange. That will be striking once the detailing is finished. I've only seen one in real life on a 69 318 car. It was black/black. It's a nice vinyl option, the way it doesn't touch the drip rails.

There was an article in one of the Mopar mags with a 999 B-body, the color on that one was called Omaha Orange.

Grant

Starting to come together. Carpet is in, rear seat and cargo area done.Dash is almost done.

DSC00027 (Medium).JPG

DSC00029 (Medium).JPG

that brings me back about a year ago. is your rear seat a folddown? if so, how good do your hinges work. mine needed attention.

Mine is a fold down. Works great but I'm missing the release pawl on on side I guess were going to manufacture one if I cant find one.

-
Back