69 cuda rear valance

-

69fastbackfish

Reaction score
has anyone instauled one on a cuda? Im not sure if it wraps around my quarter panels or gets trimmed to fit flush, does anyone know? thanks

The valence just goes straight down. It doesn't wrap around anything. I just removed mine last week. At the top, outside section it does fit up underneath the brake light support/surround. I guess you could call this part of the quarter put it's really a seperate piece.

View attachment DSC02786.jpg

You shouldn't have to trim anything.

Hope this helps

I have an AMD one also. I've 'temp installed' it to se how it will fit. It looks like it will fit perfect. Good luck, keep us up on your progress. Post some pics!!

Just thought of this....make sure you have your trunk lid installed to ensure the clearance on the sides....i.e, don't squeeze your quarters inboard...again, good luck and post some pics.

I am also getting ready to replace the one on my 67 with amd part. My plan is to tack a bar across the trunk to keep fenders in place.

The rear valence is flush, but another question, does it have a visible seam showing under the paint where it meets the rear quarters?, or should it be seamless and look like the rear quarters and the valence are all one solid panel? How did it come off the assembly line?

The rear valence is flush, but another question, does it have a visible seam showing under the paint where it meets the rear quarters?, or should it be seamless and look like the rear quarters and the valence are all one solid panel? How did it come off the assembly line?

You should be able to see the seam all the way from the tail light, down to the bottom of the car.

They weren't doing custom panel fitting on the assembly line.

trimming was required

Attachments

• valance2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 243
  • valance3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 219
  • valance4.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 217
If you want that to look factory, you'll need to clean all those welds so there is a groove all the way down the panel. I think the factory spot welded the 2 panel flanges on the inside. Do you need pics of original car seams?

From the factory, the valance overlapped the 1/4s and that overlap was spot welded. Looks like the 1/4s are slightly flanged so things sit flush.

I just went outside and stuck my hand up in mine to check it out.

Doing a butt weld will work fine too and probably give a more finished look vs the factory seam.

Welds already flushed, the new parts are not made to fit like the factory I called amd. So this is the best I could do

I guess that's the repop CRAP!!!!!........CHINA's BEST??????????

Welds already flushed, the new parts are not made to fit like the factory I called amd. So this is the best I could do

Really! I don't know who you spoke with at AMD but mine fit "Perfect" the first time! I popped 5/16" holes all the way down from the taillight and floorpan then plug welded mine to the rear edge of the 1/4s with no issues. Then I applied 2K seam sealer. Looks like it came from the factory!

Attachments

• DSCN1843.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN1903.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN1905.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN1906.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 232
-
Back