69 dart brake drum to disc

-

rm69dart

Reaction score
ok i have the 73-74 spindles and upper control arms. but i want to replace pitman arm, idler arm, lower ball joints. so what year should i buy all the new parts 69 or 73-74?

ok i have the 73-74 spindles and upper control arms. but i want to replace pitman arm, idler arm, lower ball joints. so what year should i buy all the new parts 69 or 73-74?
Lower ball joints have to be for 73-74 Pitman arm and idler arm can be for the 69

Ball joints are Moog K781 & 783 (73-76 A body) or compatible.

Pitman and idler are for the year/style of the centerlink.

Top one is 67-72, bottom is 73-76. Note how the tie rods attach compared to the pitman/idler.

Centerlinks.jpg

Need help guys !!
I converted my 9" ft / bk to disc my car is a 68 Ply Val olk I found a donor car not to sure of the year it was a Duster disc brk 4.5 bbp just what I wanted so I bought complete brakes ,rotors spindles etc. However I found out it takes a lager upper ball joint ( I didn't get the A arms or the portion valve either so what are my options donor car is gone ! Thanks ray

Need help guys !!
I converted my 9" ft / bk to disc my car is a 68 Ply Val olk I found a donor car not to sure of the year it was a Duster disc brk 4.5 bbp just what I wanted so I bought complete brakes ,rotors spindles etc. However I found out it takes a lager upper ball joint ( I didn't get the A arms or the portion valve either so what are my options donor car is gone ! Thanks ray

well, you can look for the large bolt upper control arms from any '73-76 year A-body that had disc brakes...sometimes they show up on this site for sale...you could post a wanted add on the site...the aftermarket (reilly motorsports, mancini racing, firm feel, magnum force, pst, just suspension, hotchkis) also makes tubular upper control arms with the larger ball joint, more expensive though, expect to pay around 3 hundred bucks for those ones..there is also an outfit making new reproductions of the large ball joint A-body arms on ebay, but I'm not sure how good those are, i have no experience with those..

-
Back