69 dart bucket seats

-

glhx

Reaction score
I would like to change my 69 dart from a bench seat to buckets. I know the seat tracks are specific for an A-body. I have some 69 factory head rests already with chrome bezels that sit on top of the seats. What i would like to know is. will any 68 69 year bucket seat fit in my car?

are charger, roadrunner, dart, barracuda, coronet etc.... seats all the same as far as the seat frames, foam, mounting holes for head rests go? I know they have different covers.

Yes, the A-body and B-body seat frames, foam, and mounting holes for the head rests are the same

you do know you will have to build or buy brackets for the inside mounting of seats.....Not a big deal just thought I would throw it in there.....

just the inside. the outside is the same?

Is there some special mounting pieces inside the seat if the seat frames don't come with a headrest that i need to buy? where can i get this stuff or make it?
i know all 68 and 69 seat frames have the holes pre drilled

i believe just the inside you have to make...outside you should be fine...as for the head rests I donnot know on them

if you can find a donor bucket seat car, say maybe in the boneyard, you can cut out the inner mounting brackets ... and that will give you location and all for putting then in your car

Or you can make them yourself for $10, or buy them on Ebay for $20.

-
Back