69 Dart Custom

-

69Dart Custom

Reaction score
Hello...new to the forum. I have already gotten great tips and or tricks here, like the button on my headlight switch for disassembly, so figure I may as well join up. Currently working on a 69 Dart Custom, 360 Summit motor. Not a total frame off as I don't have space other than a small garage, but I'm going through most everything. Almost ready for paint.

Message_1565487820783.jpg

Welcome to the site sweet looking 69. What color you going to paint it? What color interior? I have a 69 Custom was originall a slant beige paint with green interior. Dustin.

Welcome from North Dakota. Looks good, will have to get us some pictures when you get it painted.

Welcome to the site sweet looking 69. What color you going to paint it? What color interior? I have a 69 Custom was originall a slant beige paint with green interior. Dustin.
Hello..keeping close to the r6 color. My auto paint store calls it crimson red. Flat blk hood, blk vinyl top. Red interior, but changing the carpet to black, dash board gauges and face to carbon fiber black, and painting the interior door tops gloss blk. Still mostly red, with a lil black to tone it down. I haven't built a car since high school almost 40 years ago. It's been an experience. Have about 300 hours into it so far. Most has been smooth with a couple stumps along the way. It hasn't been touched by a professional yet. Hoping I can do it all without calling in a hit man. Only part I'm nervous about is gauges and final paint as I do not have a proper paint booth. Nice to have this forum for a little advice along the way.

Welcome from North Dakota. Looks good, will have to get us some pictures when you get it painted.
Thank you...will do for sure. I'm hoping to have it painted before the end of the year and have it on the road by May. I'm doing everything myself so it just takes time.

Thank you...will do for sure. I'm hoping to have it painted before the end of the year and have it on the road by May. I'm doing everything myself so it just takes time.
I here you doing mine myself as well and the hard part for many is not having a paint booth.
so you do what you can and keep fingers crossed.
I'm lucky my boss is letting me paint mine in his booth as old as it is still better than my garage.
You'll do fine I'm sure.

Welcome. My car was originally a 69 Custom, rocking a leaning tower of power. Now a 408 screamer. Have fun with it.

-
Back