69 Dart driver's window adjustment

-

Bygblok

Reaction score
I took my drivers window out along with the vent window the other night to replace the front weatherstrip/guide and the two attaching blocks that hold it in the guide. Everyone said it takes a couple of guys a couple of hours to do it but I got it all done in about an hour of actual work. My only issue is that now the glass seems to roll up too far in the rear(maybe 1/4 inch) and I'm not sure exactly which adjustment to make on it. My gut says that the adjuster at the middle of the front door jamb "should" push the top of the vent window assembly rearward and will bring the rear of the glass down, then I can adjust the window stop to ensure it stops in the weatherstrip. Can anyone tell me which adjustment does what or point me to a picture/diagram that tells what each adjustment does? I haven't been able to decipher or extract anything from here that gives exact info. I DO like the fact that my window no longer falls to the rear because the top attachment point is broken so it's an improvement! Thanks, Bill

So yes the vent window assembly is the front glass channel. How that channel is plumed / or \ alters the glass level at top.
What I learned the hard way... To align vent window assembly and glass now then come back later to renew the worn door hinges = start all over with glass alignment.

So yes the vent window assembly is the front glass channel. How that channel is plumed / or \ alters the glass level at top.
What I learned the hard way... To align vent window assembly and glass now then come back later to renew the worn door hinges = start all over with glass alignment.
I
I took my drivers window out along with the vent window the other night to replace the front weatherstrip/guide and the two attaching blocks that hold it in the guide. Everyone said it takes a couple of guys a couple of hours to do it but I got it all done in about an hour of actual work. My only issue is that now the glass seems to roll up too far in the rear(maybe 1/4 inch) and I'm not sure exactly which adjustment to make on it. My gut says that the adjuster at the middle of the front door jamb "should" push the top of the vent window assembly rearward and will bring the rear of the glass down, then I can adjust the window stop to ensure it stops in the weatherstrip. Can anyone tell me which adjustment does what or point me to a picture/diagram that tells what each adjustment does? I haven't been able to decipher or extract anything from here that gives exact info. I DO like the fact that my window no longer falls to the rear because the top attachment point is broken so it's an improvement! Thanks, Bill

I don't know if this will help, straight from the manual. Went through this a few years back. Shop manual is a good investment.
IMG_20161113_152334820.jpg

I

I don't know if this will help, straight from the manual. Went through this a few years back. Shop manual is a good investment.View attachment 1714989353
that helps a TON and confirms what I thought about how each spot adjusted the glass position. You're right on the shop manual. I've got one for my 70 Camaro and my 66 Buick. Just haven't picked one up or downloaded one for the Dart yet. Guess that'll be next! Thanks again!

-
Back