69 dart front end on a 73?

-

95dohc

Mopar Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone ever put a 69 dart front end on a 73 dart? I was wondering if i could use the 73 fenders and just replace the hood, grille/bezels, and bumper. I wasnt sure if they ever changed the actual width of the cars over the years or not or the dimensions of the fenders or locations of the headlight buckets......etc etc. Im just not a big fan of the 73 front end and would like a change.
Thanks in advance
Dan

You'll find holes changed at bumper mounts and other little issues. All can be overcome.

Headlight buckets are unique for the 69 model they bolt in alot further on the rad support

Thats kind of what i was thinking... do you know if the 69 buckets weld up in the same location as the 73? so maybe i could just weld in some different buckets? if not i guess i better be finding some other parts...

Thats kind of what i was thinking... do you know if the 69 buckets weld up in the same location as the 73? so maybe i could just weld in some different buckets? if not i guess i better be finding some other parts...

I'm not sure

what exactly is the difference in the fenders?

I tried 67 fenders on my 69 the front surface where the headlight brackets attach was further forward.

I then tried fiberglass 73-77 fenders (told they were for a 69 when I bought them at a swap meet) headlight buckets width were to short to bolt to the rad support along with some bolt holes not lining up and grill mounts were off.

dartfendersretouched.jpg

-
Back