69 dart front end

-

philllyc

First time restoration guy
Reaction score
I would like to rebuild the front end of my dart vert. Does anybody have suggestions about a good supplier that sells a kit? or your thoughts about coil over retrofit?
I am building a driver not race car.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Personally if you are going for a driver, I would not go as far as to look into coil overs. I would do an overhaul of the front end new bushings, ball joints and etc. You can either replace the bushing with either rubber or poly. Then at minimum a good set of the shocks such as Bilstiens or even KYB and possibly larger torsion. A basic overhaul of a 40+ year suspension can make a huge difference.

James

For a driver I recommend a "rubber" kit, gas shocks, a street performance front end alignment, and a good set of tires properly fitting on rims.

For a driver I recommend a "rubber" kit, gas shocks, a street performance front end alignment, and a good set of tires properly fitting on rims.

X2. I did the urethane one time 30 some years ago. Never again. Moog parts only
for my a-bodies from now on. They make quality parts you will only need to do once
or twice in a lifetime depending how many miles you will put on them.

i just did the front end in our 70 dart..

used this page for the moog part numbers and ordered everything from rock auto...

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/moognumbers.shtml

for a driver i wouldn't do a coilover set up with a stock front end.. rebuild the front end and stick larger torsion bars in at the same time. .920-1" or so.. the difference is incredible. will be money well spent..

:violent1:I picked up PST kit..Everthing I needed was there. The question I have is the tie rods. There are left handed and right handed threads on the tie rods. Is there a standard for the installation. For example the left hand thread is to the front of the vehicle. Both of them are different lengths. I assembled them cloning the originals however Like i said one is bit longer.. Next question is the longer one on the driver's side?
Can anyone help?
PM me

The tie rod ends should have been labeled with part numbers the outers are 319R and the inners are 401L. Hope this helps. If you need anything please give me a PM or call.

Thanks
James

Thanks.. I figured out the L is for left handed thread And R right. But since the packages and labels are gone your advice is what I needed.

-
Back