69 Dart GT Conv. 340-6pak

-
Amazing build Martin! Great ideas... I really like what you're doing.
I've been stalled for a while trying to recover $$$...but You're giving me lots of motivation.

Keep up the great work.

-AlV

Been a while since I flipped thru...Great work and some great choices! I like the idea of the mech oil psi gauge and the elec. Looks like you might be able to turn the "T" back counter clockwise to help with the firewall "issue"?? If so could you get a "locknut" to thread onto the "T" to lock into position??
Great work!

Thanks for the lock nut idea 4spd! If I can't find one, I'll make one, Great idea...Thanks again

Amazing build Martin! Great ideas... I really like what you're doing.
I've been stalled for a while trying to recover $$$...but You're giving me lots of motivation.

Keep up the great work.

-AlV

Hey "V", long time no hear. I'm on board with the recovery project. It really take a lot to build. If you need anything, man just give me a shout,

Well today was not as productive as I would have liked, but it takes time to think things through the order of assembly. I picked the transmission up today, so I hope i can start bolting all 3 pieces together tomorrow. I spent some time fitting side markers. It's amazing how much difference there can be from one 69 Dart to another. Sometimes it makes me want to pull my hair out. My wife Rhonda and my son Andrew are so very supportive in my journey to build my best and last ride. Sometimes I get frustrated and they are always there to give me words of encouragement and a simple smile, and it always works. I love them both so very much! Tomorrow will be a better day.....

View attachment 1714685512

IMG_3050.JPG

IMG_3053.jpg

Thanks TT,
I appreciate it, if there's anything I can do to help you, just drop me a line...

Well this weekend over all was good. I bolted up the B&M flex plate and the Turbo Action 10" converter. Then I mated the transmission to the block and mounted the K member to the motor. All is now on the motor/tranny jig. Hopefully next week I can start putting tranny lines, starter, lower trans shield and Lokar Flex dipstick in.

View attachment 1714687434

View attachment 1714687435

IMG_3072.JPG

IMG_3074.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

Today I got the radio back from D&M Restorations. It's now AM,Fm,MP3, with 4 speaker connections. The face, lens, and push buttons look great! Pricey, but if it works accordingly, I'm OK with it. I will be using the 2 speaker adapter in the dash and kick panels with speakers molded in. For this weekends projects I will be installing the transmission mount and crossmember to the trans, and adding the Lokar locking flex dipstick to the trans. I've ordered new TTI headers, but they will not be here until next week. I should be able to put the washer nozzles, hoses and reservoir on this weekend also. Thats probably enough stuff to get me in trouble for now.....

IMG_3081.JPG

Looks nice. I was going to send mine in to Ward's. Please PM me what you spent at D&M.

Anyone run these before?
Been a while since I checked out your build. It's a top notch build. There's a lot to be said for taking a car completely apart and starting with a clean slate. Looks like it'll be a definite award winner when it's done.
I have the QTP cutouts on my Dart 'vert and love them. I mounted the toggle switch where the cigarette lighter "dummy" plug was under the console ashtray cover.
As far as a locknut on the oil pressure T, doesn't look like you have enough room for a locknut and still get the pipe threads to seal. But, front what I see from the rest of your build I'm sure you'll get it right.

Anyone run these before?
Been a while since I checked out your build. It's a top notch build. There's a lot to be said for taking a car completely apart and starting with a clean slate. Looks like it'll be a definite award winner when it's done.
I have the QTP cutouts on my Dart 'vert and love them. I mounted the toggle switch where the cigarette lighter "dummy" plug was under the console ashtray cover.
As far as a locknut on the oil pressure T, doesn't look like you have enough room for a locknut and still get the pipe threads to seal. But, front what I see from the rest of your build I'm sure you'll get it right.

Thanks Dan,
It takes great members like you to keep me motivated. i'm fired up now!! Thanks again
Martin

This weekend was somewhat productive. I dropped the trans pan and installed the lokar locking dipstick. Easy install. I put the trans crossmember and mount on the transmission, then I started working on the Lokar Throttle cable, Kickdown Cable, and Return spring set up. Since I'm using a 6 pak and it doesn't have all the holes added to the bell crank, some modifications will need to be done. i had to modify the return spring bracket as it was too close to the distributor, as for the kick down cable, I will need to make a bell crank that will pull the cable forward of the center shaft and bolt it to the existing one.. This want be as hard as it sounds. I've already made the template and should have it done this week. I also mounted the Flaming River Steering Gear.

View attachment 1714689339

View attachment 1714689340

View attachment 1714689341

IMG_3089.JPG

IMG_3091.JPG

IMG_3094.JPG

IMG_3096.JPG

Anyone have any ideas as to who would be the best and most reasonable to re-plate the corner transitions moldings?

AIH in Dubuque did my Challenger antenna bezel. That alone cost $50 but it looks perfect. That's who I'm going to send my pieces to.

Well today I made a prototype of the bell crank I needed for the kick down cable. It took a while to get the geometry right, but I think I'm close enough to make all final cable adjustments with the adjustable ends. I have some extra meat on the bell crank that I'm going to cut off when I take it back apart to polish it and put the stainless bolts and nuts on it. For someone thats not a car nut, it would be hard to explain how you spent all day working on a piece of metal less than half the size of your palm....

View attachment 1714690796

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3107.JPG

-
Back