69 Dart Gt Convertible for sale - Very Relunctantly!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

69Dartconvt69

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I may have to sell my convertible. I've owned her for 7 years, collected just about everything to do the GTS clone and I'm in a bad spot with taxes due (overdue). I know I'll never get what I've spent on it back out but I didn't plan on selling it either, got about $14K into it.

I recently saw an almost identical stock original car on eBay last week sell for $8,400 and it was rusty compared to this one (back in MA). Mine has a little above the wheel wells and the lower rear quarters were repaired at one time but were not rotted through the trunk extensions. The guy I got it from said it wasn't driven in the winter and I believe him, I grew up in WI and know what salt rust looks like. The floor pans and trunk floor are very nice with no rust through or major issues. The top was replaced just before I got the car and it has been stored inside with me. The odometer shows 85K and I have a Indiana Title that states mileage as actual.

The car was born a Q5 turquiose car with a 273, automatic and power top. The engine in it is a warmed over 318 and it is getting some valve guide leakage so she puffs a little now. I have a 72 340 w/ 30K on a rebuild, I heard the motor run before it was pulled from the Cuda'. It also has an 8 3/4 one legger and someone converted this car to big bolt pattern at one time but left it drum brakes??.

Parts I have for it are bucket seats, console, column, GTS hood, 340 air cleaner, NEW KH brakes w/ power brake parts, NEW stainless steel brake lines, NEW front suspension including lower control arms with tabs and big block sway bar, 340 torsion bars, NOS exhaust tips, excellent replacement wiring, NEW tail light lenses, complete A/C setup with correct core support, large A/C radiator, 8 3/4 SBP axles, 3.55 Suregrip 489 chunk, NOS rear view mirror, 4 14" SBP 14 X 5.5 steelies, mag wheel hubcaps and that's all I can think of for now but I know there is some stuff I missed.

Basically I want $11K for the car including all the parts, $8K with nothing extra and flat hood back on it. I will be happy to take additional pics for a serious party but please refrain from asking if you just want to see. PM me your email because it's the only way to send pics to you.

Car is located in Fresno, CA.

Thanks, John

IMG_4822a.jpg

IMG_4821a.jpg

IMG_4827a.jpg

IMG_4826a.jpg

IMG_4784a.jpg

IMG_4785a.jpg

IMG_4786a.jpg

IMG_4788a.jpg

IMG_4789a.jpg

IMG_4814a.jpg

Hey John,

Sorry to hear you have to sell. You're the one that sold me my 66 Signet Convertible a few years back right? That shop looks familiar.

If you can't get the whole car and parts to go. I'd be interested in some of the parts you have for my 68 Dart GT.

Dave

Dave,

I did sell you the Signet, looks real nice in your thread. The backround is actually my shop at home, you never saw that.

I really need to sell it all to pay my taxes, it would leave me a little to get some things done to my Duster so I won't be in complete depression. I have been doing OK but just can't get ahead this year to cover the taxes.

Everyone is going to be hitting me up for the parts, if the person that wants the car doesn't want them I'll let you know.

John

I have searched many convertible replacement tops and NOBODY has one with the correct shape or size of the back glass. Anyone know of a dealer or location I missed?
This would be for a 69 with the Crush Vinyl White top please PM

Sent John a PM yesterday to find out just where the car came from.

I looked at this car several years ago before it got shipped to CA. What a small world on the internet. I would have loved to have the car then, still would.

Just like the rest, I'm in the same boat as most and want to sell instead of buy

If I was not worried about the scheduled plant closing in 2 years, it might be coming back to Indiana.

Good Luck on the sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back