69 dart gt dies when car gets warm. wont start untill cooled down. help.

-

scott g

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm trying to help my father in law with his car. He has rebuilt motor and trans last summer and everything worked fine. He had the car in storage for winter and recently got it back on the road. The problem he is having is with in about 5 miles of driving the car dies. There is no spark untill the car cools down. Any ideas what would cause this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

My Coronet did that, and it turned out to be the coil. It would heat up, and quit working. You might try that.

Thanks for replying oldmopardude. I just checked with him, he said he put a new coil and 2 prong resistor. Also changed the box on fender with triangle plug. 5 posts? Maybe called Ecu? Still has same problem. Any other thoughts?

Hi guys just wanted to update this. We figured out the source of the problem . The pickup in the distributor. I hope this helps anyone that might be having the same problem.

Hi guys I'm trying to help my father in law with his car. He has rebuilt motor and trans last summer and everything worked fine. He had the car in storage for winter and recently got it back on the road. The problem he is having is with in about 5 miles of driving the car dies. There is no spark untill the car cools down. Any ideas what would cause this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would guess the condensor. Typical when it's shot!

-
Back