69 Dart GT

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to thank everyone that has sent their thoughts and prayers. Helps to know that there are still nice people out there.

how did you do it? just drop in?

Had to get a u-joint from Flaming River. I think it was a 5/8X36C to 1" Double-D (has to be the C to fit a MOPAR). Also had to get a 12" section of 1" Double-D shaft. The Jeep column will "almost" bolt up under the dash. Its mad to be held by larger bolts so I drilled out the blind nuts on mine and used 3/8 inch grade 8 bolts and nuts. The second part of the support under the dash I did away with. Where it goes thru the floor was the tricky part. the Jeep column is smaller in diameter than the old MOPAR so I needed a larger gasket to fit around it. I used some compressed fiber material used for heavy machinery packing that I got from a tool and die shop. Worked fine but if I hadn't used that I would have used a piece of 3/8 fuel line. Its the right size and holds the column steady. Naturally the electrical was easy wince I was going with a whole new EZZWire kit anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back