69 Dart heater hose bracket location

-

69GT

Reaction score
My 69 Dart was originally a slant 6 and now has a big block. So, it didn't originally have the inner fender mounted bracket that supports the heater hoses. I picked one up but I am not sure where to drill the hole to mount it on the inner fender. My inner fender has these 3 dimples in it. Does the hole for the bracket screw need to be drilled in one of these dimples? If so, which one? If not, where should I drill the hole?

20240303_113947.jpg

67 and 68 on the cover, but I don't think so in '69. Wife's '67 Formula S.. before I got the correct pie tin on it.
1967formulasbaracudacleanup1 044.jpg

Can one of you guys that has a 69 tell me what type and size of bolt the factory used to attach the bracket to the fender please? I see the dimple where I need to drill the hole in the fender, just want to make sure I use the right size and type of bolt.

They were not on the fender, ran across the valve cover. My 340 back then.

20211224_113652.jpg

That car in the background was one of the 50 super stock cars, picture taken in '70 or '71. It was a Ferris motors car from Savanna, IL. My friend has the orginal front end in his attic!.

I would still like to know what the correct type and size of bolt or screw was used for the hose bracket. I haven't drilled the hole yet.

-
Back