69 dart pre body work question

-
Reaction score
hey guys i just picked a 69 dart up its an all original sheet metal car. but someone gave the right front a nice little tap and pushed the front fender back about 1/2 inch. i am looking for some measurements for the body and frame if possible i know they are a unibody. i want to make sure i have a nice straight car before i start to put subframe connectors in and fix trunk pans and all my other body work.

A quick check that you can eyeball is to look at the top of the inner fender. If the frame is popped up, it will be buckled.

I doubt very much that a 1/2 inch dent in the front of the fender woul do sructural damage, but better to be safe than sorry.

Published Front Frame Rail Width Dimensions

This should give you what you need

fender gap yes, its pushed the bottom of the fender over the door about 1/2inch. looks like radiator and core support has been pulled up in one spot. its not that bad and honestly i think that link should be what i need to make sure she's straight.

fender gap yes, its pushed the bottom of the fender over the door about 1/2inch. looks like radiator and core support has been pulled up in one spot. its not that bad and honestly i think that link should be what i need to make sure she's straight.

Ah, sorry I misread the post. That diagram should get you what you need. Good luck!

-
Back