69 Dart Rallye Dash

-
Stock Vs. Peak Dashes

Attachments

• 1%20small.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 538
  • 10354954_10204960777848583_3154114383600923141_n.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 496
The OEM rally inst' panel doesn't fit the same opening in the dash. Sheet metal work to modify the opening in your dash or just buy one and change the entire dash.
The aftermarket inst' panels like shown above may be an easier route but only if they are still available. Good luck whichever route you take.

It's been done. another owner told me by the time he was done ( reproduction bezel and all ) he had spent about 1200 USD. My reply... "Only error is going to the calculator and seeing the total spent to fulfill our wants. This applies to any and every hobby."

I have a 68 dart with a 68 cuda dash.

Its not a huge deal but you need the dash frame, wiring and gauges and it will bolt right in.

The only thing is your vin tag needs to go to the frame that goes in the car. They sell the rosette rivets but they are expensive. (like 50 bucks for 2 rivets ) When it was all set and done I have a totally stock Barracuda dash with 150 speedo in a dart. I kept everything 68 to match the year of the car.

I have had people double take and think it actually came factory like that.

I put a rallye dash into my '74 Duster as part of my Demon tribute. I didn't use the rallye dash frame, I just cut the original frame to fit the rallye cluster. It can be done, but after having done it I'm not sure I would do it again. I also did it with the dash in the car, so it was probably a little more challenging than it had to be. I did weld in a couple of the mounting brackets, but other than that all I really used was a set of tin snips and a set of flanging pliers. For the time and effort it's probably worthwhile to just buy a rallye dash frame.

You also don't need a complete rallye dash wiring harness. I used the harness in my '74. Turns out even going from a '74 Duster to a '68 Barracuda rallye cluster the wire colors remained pretty much exactly the same, the order was just changed on the connector. So the harness was left almost completely intact, I just removed the wires from the connector and changed the positions of the wires to match the layout of the rallye dash. The rallye had two connectors instead of just one, so I did have to splice the end of one of the feeds to go to both connectors.

One of the biggest issues is actually the heater controls, the direction and layout of the cable pulls changed, so getting the earlier heater controls takes a little work (the later ones don't fit the rallye dash). That and the radio mount doesn't line up. The rallye dash cluster puts the radio about 1" further toward the passenger than the standard cluster. Go figure. Didn't matter for me, but more work if you're swapping an unmodified rallye cluster in.

You can see the whole conversion in the thread on my car here, the dash conversion starts on page 1 http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=198098

Stock...
IMG_1010_zps7ab7029d.jpg

IMG_1011_zpsa4bd6f27.jpg

Modified for the rallye dash, mounting tabs added, etc..

IMG_1078_zpse633346a.jpg

The modified rallye dash I restored and installed (more on that in my thread also)

IMG_4924_zps6578e197.jpg

Finished product...

IMG_5170_zps9709f862.jpg

IMG_5176_zps782af97e.jpg

-
Back