69 dart tail stripe

-

tblotske

Reaction score
Need a little help on measurements for the place ment of a bee stripe on a 69 dart from trunk forward and on the side thanks fir any help

Its pretty easy. YOu center the side stripes over the side marker lights (get them straight of course and then match up the top stripe. Be sure to measure and you can mark the car with a magic marker and tape them onto the car first to make sure you like it before actually installing them.

Centering the stripe on the rear side reflectors is correct, but there's one more dimension that's important in correctly spacing the bottom and top portions of the stripe: the correct gap spacing between the thin stripes of of the top and bottom portions is 13/16" centered on the horizontal crease down the side of the body.

Here is a pic of an original provided to me a few years ago by Kim, (nothingbutdarts).
As you can see the body line is not dead center between the top & bottom halves, but closer towards the top half.
Also note the bezel is stripe color, NOT body color.

George

Attachments

• stripe location.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 411
Remember, the deck stripe has a slight "V" pattern that blends w/the same pattern towards the rear center of the trunk lid. I have seen some stripes that the "V" pattern was installed towards the rear glass.

Here is a pic of an original provided to me a few years ago by Kim, (nothingbutdarts).
As you can see the body line is not dead center between the top & bottom halves, but closer towards the top half.

George

You are the MAN George!!!!

George

I have seen the bezels both ways... stripe color and body color.. Though it seems like the body colored bezels appear more often with black stripes than white...

to further this, I have seen lots of cars (survivors and totally restored) where the bezel is body colored and not stripe colored.. here is an original Dodge Dart brochure.. its a little hard to see in this pic,but if you look close, the bezel is body colored... I have no clue how Ma Mopar decided which would get body colored bezels and which would be stripe colored.. At this stage of the game, I believe its a matter of personal preference.. Mine are gonna be body colored...

Attachments

• 1969%20Dodge%20Dart-06.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 308
to further this, I have seen lots of cars (survivors and totally restored) where the bezel is body colored and not stripe colored.. here is an original Dodge Dart brochure.. its a little hard to see in this pic,but if you look close, the bezel is body colored... I have no clue how Ma Mopar decided which would get body colored bezels and which would be stripe colored.. At this stage of the game, I believe its a matter of personal preference.. Mine are gonna be body colored...

You can definately see the body color in the add.

You can definately see the body color in the add.
Yes, it does appear as though the bezel in the brochure is body colored.
I would not rely solely on a picture from a brochure, because the brochures are released to the buying public before the cars that they represent are being manufactured.
It is not uncommon to see knobs, wheel covers etc from the previous model year in a brochure picture. Details are not usually finalized by the time the brochures are printed.
The only pictures you can rely on for accuraqcy during a restoration are pictures taken of cars back when they were new.....like the picture of your green car; an unrestored original. Another way, which is THE most accurate, is to take notes and pictures of your car as it is being disassembled for restoration.....providing it hasn't been restored once already.

Yes, it does appear as though the bezel in the brochure is body colored.
I would not rely solely on a picture from a brochure, because the brochures are released to the buying public before the cars that they represent are being manufactured.
It is not uncommon to see knobs, wheel covers etc from the previous model year in a brochure picture. Details are not usually finalized by the time the brochures are printed.
The only pictures you can rely on for accuraqcy during a restoration are pictures taken of cars back when they were new.....like the picture of your green car; an unrestored original. Another way, which is THE most accurate, is to take notes and pictures of your car as it is being disassembled for restoration.....providing it hasn't been restored once already.

I wasn't relying on the brochure only. I have seen survivors, at Carlisle and the Mopar Nats... The bezels seemed to have come both ways. But usually only the white stripes seem to get stripe colored bezels. I have seen many examples where the bezel is body colored

-
Back