69 Dart TTI's IN A 66 Dart

-

hotrod3forty

Reaction score
How much modification is needed to install TTI's in a 66 Dart that were in a 69 340 Dart? What are the differences between the 2?

Thanks!
Kenny

How much modification is needed to install TTI's in a 66 Dart that were in a 69 340 Dart? What are the differences between the 2?

Thanks!
Kenny

Will not work! the engine bay is about 2" narrower in the 66. Torsion bars, frame, steering box all in different place on the early A.

lots. As with any other later A header, the tubes will either hit the frame rails, torsion bars, center link, pitman or idler arms, and mostly the steering gear. As you know the steering box is almost below the 3/5 ports on the 66, the 69 has room for tubes to go down between the gear and the block. SO...Save yourself loads of grief. Sell the TTI's and purchase Dougs, Some used spitfires, or run large Dakota logs. Fenderwells, Hooker 5208. I modded some later Hooker Super comps and ran into trouble at: steering box, idler arm, pitman arm, and centerlink, so just about everywhere, but the passenger side fit right in if you dont want to steer. Youll see exactly whats need to be lengthened once you get the pass side in, not hard, but it takes alot of measuring, grafting and welding.

Thanks guys! I needed a quick answer as I have a gentleman interested in buying mine as they are for sale and he wants them for his 66 Dart. Neither one of us knew if they'd really fit so I told him I'd try to find out.

Thanks again!
Kenny

-
Back