69 Dart window trims

-

beefovail

Reaction score
The trim pieces that go on the back edge of the driver/pass window, and on the front edge of the 1/4 window on my 69 have a u-channel rubber insert in them that I assume holds them (used to) to the glass. Anybody have any ideas on where to procure replacements or use something to substitute?
Thanks
Keith

Are you talking about the 1/4 window chrome strip that has a seal that buts up against the front door glass when both are rolled up? This is for a 2 door hard top?

Yep, that's the one. There is some rubber u-channel that holds it to the glass that I need. The ones on the dart just ain't working any longer. Dry rot I believe. I have not been able to find the exact replacements, however there are some company's I found online that do manufacture rubber u-channel in various sizes. When I get back from my ride/vacation next week I will contact them and see what the possibility of getting some is. I have a feeling though it will be in like 50 ft rolls, and I only will use about 4 ft.
Anyway, will report any findings.

Might look to McMaster Carr. you can buy sheet Buna in the thickness you need and cut out that will work. I think i have one of these chrome stips somewhere, I'll see if whats inside it. I thought on my car they were held on with weather strip adhesive.

Just briefly looked at my car and there looks to be something between the glass and the trim, I have some sticking out, but it is hard. Might be an adhesive. I looked in my factory manual and it makes no mention of what is used.

-
Back