69 dart wiring

-

bigblockbill

Reaction score
hey, can someone please show me a picture of the harness for the turn signals off the steering column. I had all the wiring in my dart cut out and I'm not too sure what is what. I'm putting in speed wire and I need to run the factory lighting(4 ways signals brake lights) in order to have it street legal.

about the build:
pro street 69 dart swinger
470 stroker pump gas
stage 6 heads
indy tunnel ram
440 crank
750hp,650 tq

thanks for the help!

the dart.jpg

Sounds like you need diagrams/ shop manual. Run over to MyMopar

I can't post these because of the stupid *** "improved" software which will attempt to display the thing instead of just show the link

Here is aftermarket diagrams. These are sometimes easier to follow BUT ARE often not as detailed and don't properly show factory connectors

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Mopar Wiring Diagrams 1966 to 1971

Here is the "mother lode" these are free factory service manuals

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Service Manuals

BEAR IN MIND that through those years there is a mistake involving (I think) the start wire vs the horn wire going through the bulkhead

Do you have the hazard switch? That should be separate, dash mounted in 69. "How it works" It is a 4 terminal switch, all terminals separate when off, and all terminals connected when "hazard" You feed power to the hazard flasher, then feed to one terminal of the switch.

A second terminal of the switch hooks to the brake light switch output branch in before it feeds into the signal switch.

The third and fourth terminals feed to the front left and front right signal wires coming out of the TS switch.

INTO the TS switch you have .......TS flasher going in........and switched brake light power going in

Coming OUT you have left front, right front, left rear, and right rear. The two rear are connected together when centered, and are your brake lights.

-
Back