'69 Fender on a '68 Dart

-

KCBones

Reaction score
I'm sure this has come up before but I'd like to replace the front fenders on my '68 Dart instead of doing a lot of patch work. Finding good '68 fenders seems like hitting the lottery. I know of some '69 Dart fenders fairly local to me that are in pretty good shape and don't need near as much work. I know they'll bolt on but the marker lights are different. I've also heard the headlight mounting buckets are positioned differently. Has anyone here ever converted a '69 Dart fender to a '68 Dart with good results? What is involved in getting it done right?
Thanks.

you'll need to drill them apart and change the bucket area that is pictured. This is a Duster fender picture for reference to show you how the fenders come apart.

DSCN1499.JPG

DSCN1500.JPG

Yeah, the top flange (triangular shaped piece at the top of OMM's second pic) is completely different which affects how the grille mounts, the headlight buckets are positioned differently, the side marker issue... lotsa messin' around to get them right.
'67s are a whole lot closer than '69s.
I'd keep looking- they're out there.
Heck, you're not all that far from AMD. Just go get some new ones and save yourself some headaches.
Body Components - Fender - Front Fenders Body Components - Fender - Front Fenders

Maybe fixing the lower fenders and braces behind the wheel opening is the best bet.

68 fenders are not that hard to find, you must not be looking in the right places! AMD makes them too. I just picked up two sets of original 68 fenders, they were not cheap but what is anymore. Already sold...

Maybe fixing the lower fenders and braces behind the wheel opening is the best bet.
If you have the parts you can repair any fender. I used a hit rust free fenders to fix rusted fenders . I don't care how bad a fender is hit always save them for parts.

DSCN1460.JPG

DSCN1461.JPG

DSCN1464.JPG

DSCN1501.JPG

DSCN1502.JPG

DSCN1509.JPG

DSCN1840.JPG

DSCN1841.JPG

-
Back