69 front disc brakes

-

iw378

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out if my 69 barracuda disc brakes are factory. The rotor has the chrysler star on it. and the best I can measure the bolt pattern is 4 and a quarter inches.
ro49.jpg

Those are 73+ BBP brake setup. Just use a 1973 plymouth duster 340 and you can easily find parts at the parts store.

I'm just trying to figure out if my 69 barracuda disc brakes are factory. The rotor has the chrysler star on it. and the best I can measure the bolt pattern is 4 and a quarter inches.
ro49.jpg

can't be 4.25, its either 4.5 or 4.0 bolt pattern, looks like factory; or at the least a swap using factory parts

That is the 4.5" pattern. The Kelsey Hayes are 4 piston calipers. What you have is a single piston caliper used on the 73 and up.

Below is a chart that shows you how to measure the bolt pattern.

Attachments

• bolt_pattern.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 268
Those are 73+ BBP brake setup. Just use a 1973 plymouth duster 340 and you can easily find parts at the parts store.

Yup, single piston caliper is the giveaway thats its not 72 back original equipment.
Looks like it could be 73-76 A, late B or 76-up F,M,J.

Okay so my next question would be, If 73 duster parts would work, would a master cylinder of the same car work ? I have disc front and drum rear non power brakes. i can put up a pic tomorrow of the existing master cylinder tomorrow to help in the identification. Sorry I'm a newb to the mopar stuff and getting parts for a car that has had stuff swapped out over the years can be challenging.
Also the car has the bigger bolt patters rear axle.
Luke

Just use the 73 duster 340 without power brakes and you'll find all your parts.

Okay so my next question would be, If 73 duster parts would work, would a master cylinder of the same car work ?

Yes.

Use any 73 disk brake A-body Mopar for parts look up. Someone went to a lot of trouble to get the upper control arm, spindle, rotor, and caliper assembly on the car. My only concern at this point would be if the correct and brake balance valve were installed. Dead give away on the correct master cylinder is that the front fluid well is noticeably larger than the rear one. If they both appear to be the same size, the master cylinder is intended for a drum brake car.

Yes.

Use any 73 disk brake A-body Mopar for parts look up. Someone went to a lot of trouble to get the upper control arm, spindle, rotor, and caliper assembly on the car. My only concern at this point would be if the correct and brake balance valve were installed. Dead give away on the correct master cylinder is that the front fluid well is noticeably larger than the rear one. If they both appear to be the same size, the master cylinder is intended for a drum brake car.
So your saying that my upper control arm is from a 73 a body as well. Ill get a pic of the lower arm and master cylinder as well.
Luke

So your saying that my upper control arm is from a 73 a body as well. Ill get a pic of the lower arm and master cylinder as well.
Luke

If it isn't a 73 up upper control arms it has Dr. Diff's special made bushings in it.

Attachments

• afcb_1.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 168
-
Back