Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo440Dart

crank runner over-er
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Decent shape tail panel. Typical trunk lock hole damage. Asking 200 plus shipping from 92860. If you'd like to pick it up, its located in Norco, CA. Thanks.

20201004_225507.jpg

20201004_225510.jpg

20201004_225512.jpg

20201004_225519.jpg

20201004_225533.jpg

20201004_225536.jpg

20201004_225539.jpg

I told a good friend about this. He has a 69 GTS and is looking for one that is better than his & yours might do. He might want the grill also. He will probably contact you. I think his avatar is killswitch. He is a FBBO member.

I told a good friend about this. He has a 69 GTS and is looking for one that is better than his & yours might do. He might want the grill also. He will probably contact you. I think his avatar is killswitch. He is a FBBO member.

Sounds good. I appreciate you passing it along to him. Im running out of free space in the garage. Haha

I just got off the phone with my buddy. He ended up buying a new repo one. That tail panel would make good wall art if you keep it.

Last edited:
OER parts has them. They have a web site. They are $500! + shipping.

Why did you have to show me that? I'm gonna end up buying one now. Haha. Never thought they'd reproduce them.
His Buddy may have ordered a rear Panel from them, but I'll bet he hasn't received it.
If he has, he's one of the few.
OER is the parent company (aka Chinese reproducer) for Classic Industries.
They advertise these pieces via Classic, but you just get put on BACK ORDER until a given number of people have ordered, then they produce them. If that given number is not reached, well, you're left waiting for quite awhile, if ever.
Lotsa Mopar Guys have ordered 68, 69 GTX GRILLES, 68 RR HEADLIGHT BEZELS and other parts and not received them in over 2 years. And, you guessed it, you receive Credit, not a refund.
WELCOME TO REALITY. :drama:

You can almost always recognize a Chinese repro part by the paint. It is way off OEM, because it is usually the cheapest paint/method they can use for a mass produced part. For instance, on this panel, you see the GTS badge area had been painted over. To mask it off would cut down on production run time.
So once you receive this part (assuming you do actually ONE DAY receive it), you have to remove the badge area paint, which is tough to do because you must strategically place paint remover into this badge area. Mess it up, you mess up your Panel.

His Buddy may have ordered a rear Panel from them, but I'll bet he hasn't received it.
If he has, he's one of the few.
OER is the parent company (aka Chinese reproducer) for Classic Industries.
They advertise these pieces via Classic, but you just get put on BACK ORDER until a given number of people have ordered, then they produce them. If that given number is not reached, well, you're left waiting for quite awhile, if ever.
Lotsa Mopar Guys have ordered 68, 69 GTX GRILLES, 68 RR HEADLIGHT BEZELS and other parts and not received them in over 2 years. And, you guessed it, you receive Credit, not a refund.
WELCOME TO REALITY. :drama:

You can almost always recognize a Chinese repro part by the paint. It is way off OEM, because it is usually the cheapest paint/method they can use for a mass produced part. For instance, on this panel, you see the GTS badge area had been painted over. To mask it off would cut down on production run time.
So once you receive this part (assuming you do actually ONE DAY receive it), you have to remove the badge area paint, which is tough to do because you must strategically place paint remover into this badge area. Mess it up, you mess up your Panel.

Thats actually good to know and I appreciate you bringing this to light. I have the original panel to my car, and this one. Ill pass on ordering one now. Not worth the risk/headache for me. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back