69 or 70.......2 or 4??????

-

moparsons

Reaction score
I have a 69 4 door dart (273 auto, 2nd owner, real solid, runs good). I may be trading for a 70 2 door (/6 auto, newer paint, runs). My question is how different is the values on these cars? I know the 2 door is more desireable, but in similar condition is it a huge difference in value? The 4 door is all stock in good shape. The 2 door has been painted different color and will have a v8 installed. I need to decide how much boot would be fair on the deal as well as long term value.
Thanks,
Andy

The 2-door is probably worth more in the same condition, definetly more desiriable to most! But then again, I had a real nice rust free B5 blue 69 Dart 4-door 225 4bbl that a guy bought from me, never wanted a 2-door, it was perfect for him!

Yes, both darts. 70 2 door /6 (I would go v8 if I get it) and 69 4 door 273.

I like my 4 door, don't get me wrong, it's unmolested and it runs great and looks good. I got it dirt cheap and planned to not put much money in it. Just a cheap driver until I save up for my dream car (69 charger). But this 70 came along and I like it and can't help but think it's a better investment in the long run. Plus if I put the same amount of money in it as the 4 door, it will be sweet. Also it seems like no matter how nice my 69 gets, it will be veiwed as "JUST a 4 door" or "nice FOR A 4 DOOR".

Andy

To get the 70, I have to come up with some boot. Probly between 500 and 1000. Money is tight right now, but I may be able to just swing it. I am just trying to decide.....IS IT WORTH IT?

Andy

Is it worth it? most likely as the 2doors tend to hold more value. But is your 4 door a good driver that needs next to nothing? Does the 2 door need anything? Also it sounds like it would cost more, can you spare the $ right now? A two door may pay off more in the long run but what extra costs would go with it?

They're both decent drivers. Both need a little interior work. So very similar condition. Extra costs would arrive when I put a v8 in it, but no hurry. I can stand to drive it around with the six until money allows and take my time to put together a nice small block set up.

I am in negotiations on it, so if it pans out, I'm gettin her. If so, I know the drill........PICS!

Andy

It's looking hopefull......should be a couple weeks though. How bout a couple pics while we wait!!!!

The blue one for the black one.

694side.JPG

timsdart.jpg

side of dart.jpg

better give it a real good once over. im always leary of cars for sale that were recently painted. maybe the pics are poor, but the paint doesnt look too nice and it looks like the the little reveal over the rear wheelwells is not there, like it was mudded over to hide some rot, but it could just be the poor pics. the 69 looks nice and solid, im not sure id give up a solid 69 for a newer 2 dr dart unless its in the same condition. i think the 67-69 cars are more desireable and worth a little more. yeah a 2 dr is generally worth more than a 4 dr, but solid 67-69 darts are not all over the place. id keep the 4 dr, stick a 400 in it and build a unmarked cop car out of it that never existed. either way, make sure you know what you are getting. you already know what you have.

The pics were pretty crappy. I went and looked at it during the body/paint phase. They did put new metal in the lower quarters. Everything looked real good to me. I like the rear end/ tail lights of the 69 better, but I like the 70 front end and profile better. Being a car I'm not gonna keep forever, I think the 70 will be a better investment, and I'll have a lot of fun with it.
Still haven't picked it up, pics will come when I do!

Andy

-
Back