69 Ralley wheels????

-

swinger340

Reaction score
Was thinking about putting some rallies on my 69 swinger. Does anyone know FOR SURE 100% if any late 69s came with rallies or not till 70? I always thought 70 was the 1st yr. But have talked to people that swear some late 69s snuck through with some. Not sure what to think..... They do dress a car up just the same correct or not

I couldn't tell you but I think they would look good. It's not something that would be difficult to undo.

Here they are on my 69' but from what I know 70' was the first year. If you look in a 69' Dart Brochure, they are NOT offered. Just the hubcaps.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 152
That red car(in the article)? In the specs at the bottom-- it states for shows-- steel wheels with wheel covers & calls the ralleys 1970 -up wheels??

Lawrence

But have talked to people that swear some late 69s snuck through with some. correct or not

Maybe the Dealers put them on in Late 69' if the 70' models were already out? They could have ordered them as an accessory item & swapped them over.

Either way "Correct" or Not. I think they look Great on a 69' that is my I run them on mine.

That red car(in the article)? In the specs at the bottom-- it states for shows-- steel wheels with wheel covers & calls the ralleys 1970 -up wheels??

Lawrence

Ahhh, missed that, I didn't read it in it's entirety.

I think a lot of people get the rallye wheels and the ''recall'' wheels available early in '69 confused.
Rallye wheels do look good on all a-bodies though, regardless of the year........

Heck with it, I like the looks of them and I already own a set so on they go. I will post some pics when they are on. I don't believe I have even posted any pics of the 69 Swinger yet. Have had her for 6 yrs and my father owned it for a few yrs before that. He regrets selling it to me every time he sees me driving it.

-
Back