'69 Swinger 340's k-frame coming along

-

GSS340

Reaction score
Started assembly of my darts k-frame tonight. Need to finish disc brake spindles and some other brake cleaning and those will go on next. This is my 1st attempt at this and hopefully turns out fairly nice....at least clean.

0129082219[1].jpg

0129082217[1].jpg

222720293_743554321_0.jpg

GSS, it looks great so far. I like the use of the motorcycle lift (if that indeed is one). Keep us updated on your progress

That is a motorcycle lift. Bought it at a yard sale for $25.00...figured I'd have a use someplace.

Didn't really take long at all to do. I have access to a blaster and did all that myself then painted all the parts to look proper color or what not. Longest time in process so far has been rounding up the nuts and bolts.

What did you use on the lower coltrol arms to simulate Cosmolene?

It looks terriffic!

George

Thats correct according to the righting on the washers. Have to check the FSM but I believe it also shows them that way.

The washers are on according to specs but in reality I am not sure if I like them that way as the originals were opposite. I still have the originals washers but would you believe my parts car that was untouched had its factory washers cup side out?! Thanks for all the compliments, its turning out pretty nice.

As for the cosmoline look. I searched all over online for pics of examples and took a good quality pic with me to the local paint store and found an auto paint to match. What I actually used is a cough cough...GM color, I believe its called fawn or something. I have the can at home. It went on somewhat seethru (candyish) and turned out pretty well. I hung the LCA's up and taped off approx where they would have stopped the factory dip and sprayed them. I removed the tape immediately after spraying so the line would smooth out and not looked so "taped".

Being a mechanic for...well forever almost I have come to appreciate a clean vehicle to work on and don't like dirt or grease falling in my eyes when working on them so I made myself a promise if I ever got deep into a car it was going to be clean. Especially since it doesn't take that much to do so and one of my pet peeves (sp?) is a beautiful car on the outside but when you look under it, or under the hood it looks like it was just pulled out of a field. That's just me though, I like clean and attention to detail (thats the Army in me).

-
Back