'69 Swinger progeress..pics

-

GSS340

Reaction score
The swinger 340 is coming along now. All sheet metal work is done and down to blocking and reblocking in prep for paint. I pulled the k-member out yesterday and it only took me a little over an hour by myself with no real problems. I am going to redo the front suspension, k-member, etc then put the eng/trans on it and drop car on top of it like the factory did.

1127071508.JPG

1127071508a.JPG

1127071509a.JPG

1127071510a.JPG

bannestone 035.jpg

Boy that sure does bring back the memories of 2 years ago for me. My 69 Dart was totally gutted like yours and completely restored. While I had my K member out, I had it powdercoated along with the strut rods and the control arms. Sure makes for a nice look when it's all back together. Glad it's done!

Nice pictures. Good luck with the rebuild!

Thanks...this is almost the 2nd year of the project. I only get to work on it a few hours a week but this way I can make those few hours count and not rush it.

Here are a couple of shots near the beginning of the resto. It has come a long way.

Front floor pans, two new quarters, two new fenders, outer wheel house patches and odd metal replacement here and there and now it has a rock solid body.

69 dart 049.jpg

eh 054.jpg

:shock:good job that looks very nice so far congrats on getting the work done by your self like a lot of us time and money take a while to come buy agin that is looookoingg good i have a 70 340 that neds that traetment did you do the body work your self and are you a bodyman or self taught welder / just curios i have never done body work and my car needs help any suggesttions

I cannot take all the credit for it, I have a good buddy that is a top notch bodyman and all this has been done between he and I. Before this car I was okay at bodywork and welding but I am fairly proficient at it now.

It helps that I am anal also and can't stand to give hard earned $$$$$ to someone else when I love this stuff and figured I would spend less doing it myself and to my standards....plus I end up with some nice tools and experience in the end which will help when I start my next project.

63 2dr wagon tu.jpg

i can understand what you mean about being serios about whats done to yuor ride and ending up with the tools is just the way i am would rather own the tools also so i do the same thing take it easy ,the car is looking sweet:happy6:

Even more. Car had sat as stripped project for over 10 something years. Is a factory '69 swinger 340 sold new at Grand Spaulding Dodge. Optioned with 4spd, power disc brakes, rear defroster, 3psd wipers, pedal dress up, left and right mirrors and more. Plus redline tires too. It WAS F3 green with a tan interior but since not my favorite color and not being built to sell its going a color my wife picked out. GoMango with a white stripe and interior. I think it'll really set it off. I might catch some flak from purists on changing a Mr. Norm car but hey, if she; my wife can put up with me and these cars and will ride in it...she can have it orange. :love3:

000_1090.jpg

000_1084.jpg

0814072202a.jpg

0814072202.jpg

-
Back