69 Swinger resto pix

-

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Nothing too deep yet, but here was this weekends work........

I spent TWO days scraping grease, and washing the undercarriage on the car. Once it was clean, I washed it with soap and a paint brush. Not an easy task in the garage when its snowing outside! It came out nice, and is ready for black matte finish after the car is painted. I still need to remove the fuel tank and do under the trunk. Maybe next weekend, my arms are killin me!

I also finished painting the grill this weekend. All that is left there is to shoot it with a fuel resistant clearcoat paint to keep it looking good. I have to wait for warmer weather for that.

Last weekend I resprayed the dash in the same matte black I'll use under the car. I removed everything on the dash, and after paint, I cleaned the switches, reassembled the ashtray after replating in bright zinc, and polished the lighter handle. The top pad has 2 cracks in it, but its good enough for me. I'd rather have a real one with some cracking than a reproduction.

Here's some pix.........

dash - grill - undercarriage 017 (Small).jpg

dash - grill - undercarriage 018 (Small).jpg

dash - grill - undercarriage 019 (Small).jpg

dash - grill - undercarriage 020 (Small).jpg

dash - grill - undercarriage 031 (Small).jpg

dash - grill - undercarriage 032 (Small).jpg

dash - grill - undercarriage 033 (Small).jpg

dash - grill - undercarriage 034 (Small).jpg

69 dart engine comp & brake prop valve 008 (Small).jpg

69 dart engine comp & brake prop valve 009 (Small).jpg

Some nice progress there.
Cleaning the under carage is the worse job of a restoration, then it's body work!

I have been working on my front wheelwells, and thats a pain. I can't wait to get under it and start. Looking good on what you have done so for, good luck

Looks good. You can use PB blaster to soften under coating up. Spray it down and let it sit over night.

I agree, that a lot of work but it's going to be nice when it's finished but then I just remembered they're never finished.... You always find something else you want to do to them. Looks like you at least have something that's good and solid to start with.

GOOD LUCK..........

-
Back