69 swinger stripe delete

-

skips dart

Reaction score
Anyone tell me what emblems and or decals a factory stripe delete 69 dart 340 swinger came with.I think they came with DART emblems on both front fenders,is this correct? Any input would be great.

Thanks
Gary

That is correct! My 69 Dart 340 was a stripe delete car and came with the "DART" emblem on the side of both front fenders.

Thanks for that as my dart came with the emblems on both fenders as well and the numbers show it as a stripe delete car.The car is going thru resto and now to decide tail stripe or not.

mine is a Swinger and it had a Swinger decal below the Dart emblem. What was funny, left side had the Swinger decal but no emblem. No holes for it and the car was never wrecked, been in the family since it was new. My dad bought it to run G/SA brand new.

Mine with code V8X(stripe Delete) has the Dart emblem and the Swinger decal on the front fender.
Placement is WRONG!
IMAG0014.jpg

somewhere in my pile of digital photos, I have some of an original placement.

I walked around a mopar dealership in 68, and counted 4 swingers and roadrunners with the mopar emblem on front fender missing on one side only..

I bought one of them, and own it today..

My swinger was 340, and had 383 hood inserts,, new.. factory fluke,, still got em on car today..

I walked around a mopar dealership in 68, and counted 4 swingers and roadrunners with the mopar emblem on front fender missing on one side only..

I bought one of them, and own it today..

My swinger was 340, and had 383 hood inserts,, new.. factory fluke,, still got em on car today..
it only comes on one side.

My Swinger also is a factory delete car and it had the Dart emblems on both fenders without the Swinger decal below them. I guess some had it both ways. With and wiothout the decal. I too have seen cars from the factory that had the stripe AND the emblems on the front fenders. Kinda makes you wonder if at the factory when the cars were coming together on the line if anyone checked before they put the fenders on to see if there was a stripe already on the car or not. And if there was and the fenders that were going on had the emblems they might have said to heck with it and put them on instead of stopping the line and putting fenders on without emblems! Who really knows for sure back in the day??

-
Back