69 valiant = 69 dart?

-

ch1ll

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
do structural sheet metal parts match between 69 darts and 69 valiants, like frame rails, floor pans, inner fender aprons and trunk floors?

Yes. Frame rails, inner fenders and trunk pans are all the same. One of the floor pan sections is different, the valiants are a 108" wheelbase and the darts are 111". Those 3" are in one of the floor pan sections.

Yes. Frame rails, inner fenders and trunk pans are all the same. One of the floor pan sections is different, the valiants are a 108" wheelbase and the darts are 111". Those 3" are in one of the floor pan sections.
any difference between 2 door hardtop, 2 door sedan and 4 door sedan? suppose I should have asked this the first time around.

any difference between 2 door hardtop, 2 door sedan and 4 door sedan? suppose I should have asked this the first time around.

Not for frame rails, trunk pans, and inner fenders. Those are almost the same from 67-76. The bumper mounts changed to shock mounts in the later years (74/75 and up) for the rails but even that can be overcome if you have the skills to swap a frame rail. The inner fenders changed some with the charcoal cans and certain mounts, but they all interchange if you're not hung up on it being correct for a certain year.

Depending on the make/model some of those are 111" and some are 108", so there's that difference in the floor pan.

When Dodge piggybacked on the Duster success and started building the Demon, Plymouth 2 door A body cars became called "Scamp". The Scamp was the only A body Plymouth based on a Dart 111 wheelbase!

this is why I ask, I have a 69 swinger. needs some structural to repair a collision. it is fairly clean. I have found in the local junkyard, 68 dart GT /6, badly rusted but has some useable parts. 68 or 69 valiant 2 door shell that someone started a drag car or pro street transformation that I believe is a sedan. I'm not that familiar with valiants and it has no badging on it. it is the cleanest mopar that I have ever found in Wisconsin. paint still on parts of the frame, definitely not a Wisconsin car. 69 valiant signet 4 door sedan. some rust but if it ran, you could drive it. its definitely the best 69 Wisconsin car I have ever seen. I believe I can get all 3 for under $1000 since he wants $700 for the valiant 2 door shell. and I have 1 1/2 weeks vacation starting this Wednesday.

Hey...if you have the cash and the place to store them, snatch them up. They sure aren't building any more of them.

Interesting to see those cars still in a yard north of Milwaukee! I know there is a Q5 Swinger in the yard in Camp Douglas. Any 2-door hardtop will have the same parts you are looking for, as said above some parts for a 2-door and 4-door sedan are different. If you can't find what you need you can PM me, I have a few bodies laying around for parts just south of the Cheese Curtain (Illinois State Line).

Interesting to see those cars still in a yard north of Milwaukee! I know there is a Q5 Swinger in the yard in Camp Douglas. Any 2-door hardtop will have the same parts you are looking for, as said above some parts for a 2-door and 4-door sedan are different. If you can't find what you need you can PM me, I have a few bodies laying around for parts just south of the Cheese Curtain (Illinois State Line).
thanx for the heads up on the q5 swinger. can you pm me where the yard or camp douglas is? I'll hit you up soon about what you have.
imagine that, a flat lander that is courteous and willing to share. I'm actually dumbfounded.
go bears(not)!!!!

I am a Colts fan, but not an NFL fan anymore due to their Kraperdick stance. I will PM you shortly, wanna know where the yard you know about too. Here is a pic of the car from a couple years ago.

101_1912.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back