69 Valiant rear seat

-

ccoorreeyy

Reaction score
Before I ask I've searched here and am more confused than when I started.

I have a new to me 69 Valiant and need a rear seat assembly. I've found a 72 Dart rear seat assembly that is freshly refinished. Will it fit?

If not....what all would fit? Thank you in advance!

20230801_145411.jpg

Did you try to install it? More than likely it will work.

'67-9 2dr sedans should fit ok. Not sure on whether the '67-72 2drht's would be exactly right or not. I would guess that it would, but, no guaranty from me as I haven't actually tried that swap. The 4dr seat bottoms are a bit different shape on the ends, but, should fit in the car and the back should be the same. They may have changed the way the seat back was anchored over the years. Some have bend-over tabs, some had bolts with washers. No idea of the bottom anchors were the same for all years and models. Same design, but, I'm not sure they're all in the same exact place to catch the seat frame. Someone here has probably done that swap and can add more info.

Well I can answer my own question now. It won't just pop in at all. I had to modify the seat back frame around the wheel wells fairly significantly and also the seat bottom frame around the wells. A few hours with a Sawzall and tada!!!! The cage made it harder but even if it wasn't in it it would still have taken the frame mods.

20230807_183450.jpg

-
Back