6Banger/727

-

Mr. Sinister

Devastation Manager
Reaction score
IMG_1349.JPG
IMG_1350.JPG
IMG_1351.JPG
I saw a question about /6 - 727 direct mount without adapter and remember seeing that combo one time. Here's some pics of the second time. If you look close at the first pic you can see 727 pan kick out and last one shows no adapter between the two.

Did this combo come in heavy duty applications? It looks like a beam axle in your pictures.

I've found them in late 70's to mid 80's Vans at the pick-a-part.

I was not looking to make anyone look foolish just that I read it and remembering that I saw one so when I saw a /6 in that pickup I thought I would look and see and took the pictures and figured I would post for anyone interested. Also I have never seen the adapter until someone posted pics of one here, so I learned something too. Thanks guys!

I'm not sure of the exact year the slant six 727 came out. I think it was 68 or 69. The 727 was used on police, taxi, and "fleet" vehicles, trucks and vans (IE heavy duty use). Prior to that small block 727 were used with the adapter.
I have had a couple of adapters over the years, that I never used. I have a direct mount slant six 727 trans in stock.

Charrlie, A local picked up a 68 Dodge 1/2 ton truck and asked me to look it over. It still had the adapter plate. Like you I was thinking that 69 might be the magic number.

-
Back