7 1/4 parts??

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anything worth saving from a 7 1/4 rear end assembly.

I already removed the E- brake cables.

appears to have the small brakes ....I have 4 assemblies ....all came out of slant six cars.

Great time to clean the yard.

If they are big bolt pattern they will have the 10 x 2.5" brakes which will work on 8.75 if you use Dr. Diffs axles.

73 duster will have the 10 x 2.5 brakes, not sure about the small pattern.

7 1/4s Suck. Wish my car at least came with BBP, If shipping was Free I would ask for a set of 7 1/4 Big Bolt Axels :)

check what gear set is in there. I was scraping my old 7 1/4 and thought it had the 2.76 gears. i was taking off the cover to give to a friend and looked at ring gear, 3.55 gears. no wonder the one legger could spin the tire all day long! Car had a hitch so I guess they pulled trailer, hence the low gears. And was a / car.

7 1/4s Suck. Wish my car at least came with BBP, If shipping was Free I would ask for a set of 7 1/4 Big Bolt Axels :)

Sob. I gave 2 good ones away recently and you are close. One went to the junk man worked fine 3.23 gears
I don't think SBP and BBP axles play nice if you switch them, length is different.

I have a set of bbp axles but also have been told these can not just be swapped in place of sbp axles on the 7.25.

-
Back