Status
Not open for further replies.

rich006

Learning as I go
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
$70 or make an offer. Small bolt pattern, 2.76 gears according to tag, open diff. I believe it to be original to the near-daily driving '74 Swinger I just removed it from (80K original miles). I haven't looked inside but it was driving with no issues. Includes axles, 9" backing plates, parking brake levers and struts, and brake lines all in good condition with surface rust. Pick up in Maryland or help me figure out shipping at your expense. I could take more pictures or give more details if you want.

rear725.png

There's some info out there that says the axle lengths are different for 1973+, but I don't know if the difference is between the years or between small and large bolt pattern axles (starting in 1973 disk brake A-bodies with 7.25" diff had LBP axles, but drum/drum cars like mine still had SBP). I can measure the flange-to-flange distance for you.

Y
There's some info out there that says the axle lengths are different for 1973+, but I don't know if the difference is between the years or between small and large bolt pattern axles (starting in 1973 disk brake A-bodies with 7.25" diff had LBP axles, but drum/drum cars like mine still had SBP). I can measure the flange-to-flange distance for you.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have the drum/drum original factory setup. I think they are 9" drums, but not 100%. If you can measure it out for me and give me the bolt pattern, that would be great. I have the oddball-sized reverse-threaded stud pattern. Thanks again for your help.

Y

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have the drum/drum original factory setup. I think they are 9" drums, but not 100%. If you can measure it out for me and give me the bolt pattern, that would be great. I have the oddball-sized reverse-threaded stud pattern. Thanks again for your help.

Drum to drum is 57" plus or minus 1/4" as best I can measure it. I've seen 57 1/8" for A-bodies 1972 and earlier,* so I believe mine should fit your '69 Valiant. I do have the right-hand threads on the studs.

*This link is for 8 3/4" axles but I think the widths would be the same. Moparts on the Web - Main Index

Drum to drum is 57" plus or minus 1/4" as best I can measure it. I've seen 57 1/8" for A-bodies 1972 and earlier,* so I believe mine should fit your '69 Valiant. I do have the right-hand threads on the studs.

*This link is for 8 3/4" axles but I think the widths would be the same. Moparts on the Web - Main Index

Thanks for checking that out. From what I'm seeing online, I would need the 53.2" dimension. And if you have the right hand threads, I'm pretty sure the stud spacing is dif from my 4.5". At that point, I would need new wheels/tires for it as well. Let me keep digging around to confirm.

A lot of the measurements you'll find are from the housing flange to housing flange, and don't include the length that the axles stick out past the flanges. With the brake support plates (backing plates) mounted, it's hard to measure that distance, so instead I'm measuring the distance between the surfaces where the drums mount over the studs. On the link I posted above, look under "Rear end widths, drum to drum." You'll see 57 1/8" for the A-body.

As for the stud spacing, I have the small bolt pattern that all A-bodies had until 1973. "Small" means the studs are in a circle with 4" radius. Look around for how to measure bolt pattern.

Hello. Off subject . I need front rear spring hangers for my 71 demon it was a six car.
I just need these too move my car . so the six cyl. Ones will work. Upgrading later.
I'm sorry if this isn't where I was too post this.. I'm anolog..
Spring bolts for front would help..

Hello. Off subject . I need front rear spring hangers for my 71 demon it was a six car.
I just need these too move my car . so the six cyl. Ones will work. Upgrading later.
I'm sorry if this isn't where I was too post this.. I'm anolog..
Spring bolts for front would help..
Your best bet is to start a new WANTED thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back