7.25 axle bearing question

-

Futzy1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've got some noise in one of the rear bearings on my 73 Dart Custom with a 7.25 differential. I just got the parts in and was perusing the manual. I was under the impression that when you change pressed bearings and need to remove the axle shaft you typically do so by getting into the dizzy, removing a pin and possibly a c clip, but I did not see that when I was reading the manual.

Am I missing something???

Screenshot_20180504-141738_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

It is a pressed on bearing with a lock collar. It is held in at the axle housing with nuts and bolts. Also it would be a good idea to replace the axle tube seal at the same time.
I posted this on your other thread.

Yeah I picked up a pair of bearing and seals. Figured I should do both wheels at the same time.

That is a good idea. If you were close to me I would remove the old ones and press the new ones on.

Thank for the thought. I'd take you up on it. Heck the cross country drive would be really nice if my rear end wasn't about to explode. Lol

I gave a member here in Pomona a free 7.25 2 years ago. Said he'd trade me some inner fenders for it. I got there and he handed me 2 rubber flaps....Whats this? "splash shields...." Aw take it, I dont want to haul this home.

Hahahahahaha

Yeah I'm in that phase where I need to drop the 60 on bearings keeping the 7.25 alive so I can spend other money on more functionally imperative parts. Besides, I've got a stock 225 slant. It's not like I'm throwing a ton of power at it.

Before I knew it was the beating I thought it was the dizzy. The first piece of advise I got was "put up a wanted ad. People will pay you to haul those things off." Lol

-
Back