Status
Not open for further replies.

tw7912

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
7.25 Rear Susp #2.jpg
Looking for someone who needs a complete 7.25 rear suspension and is willing to pick it up. Originally from my 67 Form S Barracuda, should fit most early/mid A bodies. Differential has new axle and rear housing seals and new gear oil. New brakes with good drums. I believe gearing to be 2.76. We live in Meridian, TX about 1:30 south of Ft Worth and 1 hour north of Waco. Please PM me if interested. Will also be listing a free buildable 273 with most bolt-ons.

67 "S" package should include a Sure grip 3.23 7 1/4 with the 273, 383 had to include the 8.75. Is there an orange paint dab on the filler plug or ID tag on a stud?

Pishta, You are right in reference to the 383/8.75 combo.
This 7.25 has no markings or tabs and may very well be a replacement to the original. I was unaware that all 273 67 'S' cars had Sure Grip although making it mandatory makes sense on the 4 Speed cars, mine is a 904 TF, but you're undoubtedly right that all such cars were originally 3.23 SG. I guessed at the ratio on this one by counting wheel and yoke turns and I know it's not a SG.

In any case this is a good deal for someone looking to replace, rebuild or have a standby system ready to use.
I am moving and don't want the trash haulers to take it when someone may have a need for it. I am doing the same thing with a 273 motor, hope to list it tomorrow.

Pishta, You are right in reference to the 383/8.75 combo.
This 7.25 has no markings or tabs and may very well be a replacement to the original. I was unaware that all 273 67 'S' cars had Sure Grip although making it mandatory makes sense on the 4 Speed cars, mine is a 904 TF, but you're undoubtedly right that all such cars were originally 3.23 SG. I guessed at the ratio on this one by counting wheel and yoke turns and I know it's not a SG.

In any case this is a good deal for someone looking to replace, rebuild or have a standby system ready to use.
I am moving and don't want the trash haulers to take it when someone may have a need for it. I am doing the same thing with a 273 motor, hope to list it tomorrow.
I wish I was closer...

I would love to have it......but there's a big gap tween Georgia and Texas. lol

Damn I could really use that. Would you be willing to throw it on a pallet? Wonder what freight would cost? The 273 would be nice as well. Oh well i should look at craigslist and see what i can find locally. Saw a really nice 64 dart with a 273 and 4 speed for $12,500. Just a bit out of my means. ...

Freight to Oregon is about $300-400, maybe more because it's considered out-sized. Unfortunately I don't have the means to ship it right now. Thanks for asking, I would like both the rear and motor to go to someone who needs it. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back