[WANTED] 7.25 Rear end SBC for 65 Dart

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would prefer close to Portland, OR for pickup.

Looking for something ready to run, I already have a howler.:wack:

Thanks guys!

I will have one in a few days, all been gone thru new brakes and hardware, nice. In san diego Its running in my 66 dart now but I just got my 8.75 together and will be removing the 7.25 soon. Will not ship but might be worth the drive down. Make offer. I can get pics soon.

Sounds like a good offer. have this one, but it needs to be gone through and rebuilt. Clean housing and metal though. Would have to go via truck freight.

Attachments

• 100_1373.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_1374.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_1375.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 192
Got one in Vegas with good 10x1 3/4 brakes and drums. From a 68 Valiant with 80K miles.Got 10 '' fronts too. Going to big bolt and discs.Wish I was closer for ya.

Attachments

• IMG_2250.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2249.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 152
Thanks guys, looks like I found 2 local to me within a day. Amazing how many of these things must be floating around out there. Planning to go pick one up in an hour or so.

Here is my story, in case anyone is interested.

I bought a convertible with no top, then drove it about 45 miles.
When I got home, I started looking at it and the diff cover bolts were all finger tight, no oil in it.

Put oil in the diff, then drove another 45 miles to get a top put on. Now that it has a top, I can hear it howling like a banshee on the drive home. Took the cover off again for a look and there is a lot of slop in the spider gears and ring and pinion. No broken teeth, but I'm pretty sure it needs at least spider gears, but probably a ring and pinion as well, then there is the labor, etc...just easier to swap in a good one.

Thanks jrwood. I picked one up for 100.00 last Sunday. If I install it and its a POS, sounds like a road trip is in order!

Ok, give me a heads up i still have to take the leaf springs off if you end up still needing it

Things seem to have worked out OK. Back on the road after a wheel swap and lug nut replacement as well. Previous rear was LBP :banghead: New rear does have a bit of a wet nose though, so only time will tell.
pvKMyQWh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back