Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankrebel

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Lesson learned from buying on ebay.
I bought these headlights with the details stating they would fit my 71 Swinger.
They are about 1/4 too small diameter for my chrome trim rings to fit securely.
I tried to trim a small plastic portion on the back of the bucket to see if it would fit more securely, but it wouldn't.
They have small blue light with separate electrical leads(not sure what these are for).
These are the exact lights a purchased and you will be getting the headlamps and H4 bulbs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/H6017-H6024-CONVERSION-ROUND-HALO-PROJECTOR-CHROME-HOUSING-HEADLIGHT-LIGHT-LAMP-/160604994236?ssPageName=ADME:X:RRNTB:US:3160

I'm sure someone else could make these fit there car or use them on something else.
$25 shipping included

PM was sent. I intend to purchase this members lamps as soon as budget permits.
I cant show yall why yet. I will eventually. Cheers

Directly from the ad on ebay -

H4 HID bulbs Conversion projector Head lights - Left and Right!
Brand new in box. Great Fitting! Plug and Plat Installation. Direct Bolt-On Application.
Comes with 1 Pair of White H4 Light Bulbs.
Necessary hardwares are included in the package
No Instruction Included. Prefessional installation is highly recommended.

I think one needs to be a "prefessional", to be able to "plug and plat" with the "hardwares"....

Now that I have these paid for... The rest of the story.
About 6 years ago I paid the selling price of approx. 70 dollars shipped for a pair of these for my 67 fish. No they don't fit perfectly within the rings but will stay in place.
I decided I would cut up another pair of these to have a matching reflector inside the park lamp fixtures. Turned out pretty. Anyway, 3 years later one of the headlights got a good amount of water inside during car washing. When I took the lamp out to investigate I found the boot on the back to be the fault. These boots are made of poop. At that time, no problem for me as I have a extra pair of the boots on a shelf. Well, here we are 3 years later and I'm in need again.
I bought this members set of lamps so I could install the boots on mine to buy some time. I need to finger out something different. Maybe I will be able to graft in a quality bulb retainer and seal from some factory boxes from the parts yard.
Bottom line... If you don't already have a set of these lamps, GOOD ! you don't want them at any price.

Attachments

• ebay lamp boot.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back