Status
Not open for further replies.

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
forged crank , cam was for a 6 pack motor new short block . selling for a friend , if interested I will get pics cam specs and type of pistons, good looking work. he lost his job in middle of build , the tuffs are still going around and round here $ 1500.00 +shipping have to look for a shipper around me so transaction will be a little slow pm me if interested I"ll get you 2 hooked up
thanks

Are you trying to say this engine was bored 0.130" from 3.91" to 4.04"?

I'm not in a position to buy this, but I bet there might be a couple folks just as curious about this as I am...

Hensley Motorsports has done it for better than twenty years. Long as it's sonic checked and it's thick enough, it'll be fine. A lot of them are plenty thick enough. Remember, you have to cut the amount in half for each side of the cylinder, so you're only talking about .065" per side. As long as core shift was not a problem, they are probably good to go.

Right, but that doesn't make it a 340 because the stock bore on a 340 is 4.040....

I may be thinking of something else but I could of sworn I read somewhere that the poly 318's had really thick cylinder walls and could easily be punched out to a 4.040" bore to make it a 340.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong. I don't want to put bad info out there for more confusion.

Perhaps, and according to dippy.org, the A block can be used in LA/magnum apps. But, I would venture a guess that poly engines are in rare supply...

I may be thinking of something else but I could of sworn I read somewhere that the poly 318's had really thick cylinder walls and could easily be punched out to a 4.040" bore to make it a 340.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong. I don't want to put bad info out there for more confusion.
Now you are talking about a poly 318? They haven't made those since 1966, then in 1967 they started making the 273's, then 318's and 340's. The polys were a completely different block than the later s/b v-8's.

Now you are talking about a poly 318? They haven't made those since 1966, then in 1967 they started making the 273's, then 318's and 340's. The polys were a completely different block than the later s/b v-8's.

Take a peek at dippy.org, they state the poly blocks can be used in an LA or magnum app...cranks can be interchanged, blocks are the same deck height, lifters are the same angle, journals are the same diameter, timing sets are the same, oil pans will interchange, distributors will retrofit, etc. Granted, I've never personally done it, but if it can be used, I guess it's another option, albeit a rare one.

Could it be an X block?

Some of you guys are not thinking before reacting. All X blocks are casted as 318's..

My X blocks could have went over 4.200 both they were all at 4.125

Just a thought I had that no one asked before commenting. I'll bet several pm him now to secretly find out. LOL steve

Attachments

• block5.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 255
  • block1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 257
  • spoiler pics 627.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 249
Could it be an X block?

Some of you guys are not thinking before reacting. All X blocks are casted as 318's..

Just a thought I had that no one asked before commenting. I'll bet several pm him now to secretly find out. LOL steve

That's what it was! Not the Poly's but the X blocks have really thick cylinder walls and can be punched out. Thanks OMM for clarifying that!

Could it be an X block?

There you go! This makes sense now!
:blob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back