70 340 dart "survivor"

-
i could see a little controversy over the use of the term "survivor" if this car was up for sale asking $45,000.00 , but it is not, Waggs is showing off his GREAT work and sharing pics of the car he is working on!!! jesus chrysler people , original paint, original motor, original interior, original sheet metal , original glass , original stainless, bumpers, grill ...sheeeeesh !! LOL

How bout the traction bars? Are those custom made...didn't think they made any for Mopar leaf sprung of that style (replaces spring pad/shock mount). Usually only saw those on GM cars with the "Traction Action" logo.

Bring that car to the Mopar Survivor tent and you'll be turned away.

dude , are serious with that ? do you really think anyone here is screaming 100% survivor with this car ? do you think this car is headed for the "survivor tent" ? cant you just enjoy it for what it is? nobody is trying to SELL THIS CAR for some INSANE price claiming it is an original survivor .

sorry rant over

ok so it's not a survivor, it's not a restoration and it's not a show car, what is it then???? and I bet the guy's at the tent spend some time lookin it over before they make that decision. I bet when you see it in person you will spend some time looking it over, sorry I'm not really into numbers matching or any of that stuff, I just save stuff from the scrapper and work on every mopar I can to keep that ma Mopar Blood flowin like a river, the only modifications I have done were to re mount the tach in the same location but where you cant see the ugleee part of the clamp and did so in a manner it wasnt' touching the original dashpad so as to leave a mark and to wire up the tach and gauges in a manner so that no factory wiring got cut or spliced, Did my Part and i'm kinda Proud of the work I have done to this awesome Dart :)
Bring that car to the Mopar Survivor tent and you'll be turned away.

It's a damn fine lookin' car. Survivor, resto to 70's mods, total restoration to original....WHATEVER. You should be proud of your work, it looks great. :thumblef::thumblef: from me, my Mopar brother!

ok so it's not a survivor, it's not a restoration and it's not a show car, what is it then???? and I bet the guy's at the tent spend some time lookin it over before they make that decision. I bet when you see it in person you will spend some time looking it over, sorry I'm not really into numbers matching or any of that stuff, I just save stuff from the scrapper and work on every mopar I can to keep that ma Mopar Blood flowin like a river, the only modifications I have done were to re mount the tach in the same location but where you cant see the ugleee part of the clamp and did so in a manner it wasnt' touching the original dashpad so as to leave a mark and to wire up the tach and gauges in a manner so that no factory wiring got cut or spliced, Did my Part and i'm kinda Proud of the work I have done to this awesome Dart :)

well I respect purist's as much as I can if they don't start pickin my car apart while I am in earshot, that respect end's when they let me hear their sorry problems with how I build a car, in this instance I did not build this car nor does it belong to me, as stated in the first overlooked sentence and I quote myself directly ( I can do that ) "[Heres na slightly modified dart 340 survivor"] why not just enjoy the pic's or better yet ignore this thread??? It's a cryin shame that not everyone remembers the 70's or the 80's when traction bars were on everything with wheel's and leaf springs, they bolt on, so do valve covers and tachometers and cragars, some have noted it won't be heading over to the "survivor" tent and for good reason.....BORING if i took a poll I bet 80% polled would say the people that own them wrote a check and are boring to the point of tears, I like all forms of the hobby but It surely reminds me of the (expletive) that told me how I ruined a perfectly good four door when I built my waggin now I need to deleat this whole thread so that when the owner signs on for the first time he doesn't see what a bunch of whiney asse's are here and go back to FORD!!!! shame on you learn to read before you post next time, I shall venture out to the shop and paint every engine compartment black, add traction bars to all of my uncountable amount of mopars and make sure you can see body color thru all of my many grilles just for the satisfaction of knowing it's pissin you off....I shall get a hurt feelings report form for you to fill out now :p
attachment.php
QUOTE=71Dartman440;1820850]How bout the traction bars? Are those custom made...didn't think they made any for Mopar leaf sprung of that style (replaces spring pad/shock mount). Usually only saw those on GM cars with the "Traction Action" logo.[/QUOTE]

You're batting 1000, that's awesome. I will definitely read a headliner tutorial if you post one, because I didn't notice it when I bought my car, but take a look at the pic...hidden under the sunvisor.:banghead:

Also, your definition, "slightly modified survivor" is spot on in my opinion. There are several theories on survivors. 1) Can't have any modifications other than wearable items. 2) Modifications are fine as long as they're not more than 50% of the section and in moderate to great shape(interior, exterior, under hood, under vehicle). 3) Any old car!

It's a great looking car regardless of what anyone wants to call it.

Dang MICE!!!!

I'd rather own this car than a restored car, survivor or not. I think that says a lot, for me anyway.

I love the hurt feelings report LOL

Its a beautiful car for sure. Very nice job on the headliner.

They put two holes in mine doing the vinyl top...and broke my a-pillar trim..d'oh.....

My 33,000 mile, 1000% stock, mint interior dart wasn't good enough for the survivor tent because the exterior had been repainted (in the original color). So, who cares what they think? LOL

Im from the midwest, anything better than a pile of rust flakes with a title is a survivor around here...

I like the green, but only now that I see it on that car!

How bout the traction bars? Are those custom made...didn't think they made any for Mopar leaf sprung of that style (replaces spring pad/shock mount). Usually only saw those on GM cars with the "Traction Action" logo

So mewnhile back to the question. Not quite sure why you went on that bizzare rant and quoted the traction bar question at the bottom. It had nothing to do with those picking you apart about defining a "survivor". But anyway, now that it's out of your system and you are hopefully feeling better as a result of it, please refocus, even if only temporarily. The reason I asked is most traction bars on Mopars in the 70's bolted on fore and aft of the spring pad/shock mount and hung down really low in the back. I don't recall seeing that style on Mopars, only on GM. I'm plenty old enough to remember the 70's though some of its a bit blurred. If you could take a close up shot of the traction bar it would be appreciated. Ok; carry on.

i'll try to get a thread up, it's not all that hard, I'll try to walk you guy's thru it, the headliner I removed was still like new and I didnt cut or rip anything, he had bought a new headliner insulation pad but i gave it back to him as the original is in beautiful shape, and I have never seen one in that good of shape the whole car is just awesome in person
You're batting 1000, that's awesome. I will definitely read a headliner tutorial if you post one, because I didn't notice it when I bought my car, but take a look at the pic...hidden under the sunvisor.:banghead:

Also, your definition, "slightly modified survivor" is spot on in my opinion. There are several theories on survivors. 1) Can't have any modifications other than wearable items. 2) Modifications are fine as long as they're not more than 50% of the section and in moderate to great shape(interior, exterior, under hood, under vehicle). 3) Any old car!

It's a great looking car regardless of what anyone wants to call it.

wasn't aimed at you, not sure of the brand but will ask and try to get some more pic's, I have a pair or two of the style you mentioned
So mewnhile back to the question. Not quite sure why you went on that bizzare rant and quoted the traction bar question at the bottom. It had nothing to do with those picking you apart about defining a "survivor". But anyway, now that it's out of your system and you are hopefully feeling better as a result of it, please refocus, even if only temporarily. The reason I asked is most traction bars on Mopars in the 70's bolted on fore and aft of the spring pad/shock mount and hung down really low in the back. I don't recall seeing that style on Mopars, only on GM. I'm plenty old enough to remember the 70's though some of its a bit blurred. If you could take a close up shot of the traction bar it would be appreciated. Ok; carry on.

I was so scared of the a piller trim I removed the wheatherstrip channel and good thing too the headliner was under it where the roof curves down, removing the a piller trim was easily handled when those were removed. Love your version of "survivor"...i have a few around here that fit that description to a t
Its a beautiful car for sure. Very nice job on the headliner.

They put two holes in mine doing the vinyl top...and broke my a-pillar trim..d'oh.....

My 33,000 mile, 1000% stock, mint interior dart wasn't good enough for the survivor tent because the exterior had been repainted (in the original color). So, who cares what they think? LOL

Im from the midwest, anything better than a pile of rust flakes with a title is a survivor around here...

I like the green, but only now that I see it on that car!

Attachments

• wheeliecarpic's 002.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 211
To me it is a very nice example , but survivor , and all the mods.And is that not a 9' Phord housing i see there .To me it is a car that was taken off the street very early and drag raced 3/4 of its life . that is why iit is well persurved . No survivor to me in that since .

It may not be a "survivor" in the anal retentive definition, but from where I am, it deifintely "survived" 42 years pratically unscathed.

Awesome job on the detailing and headliner Curtis. It's got to be a little unnerving working on one so clean.

Grant

here we go....cant just admire anything..gotta go off to the extreme....my car is gold and your car is garbage...just like the folks at moparts..same old folks...talkin the same old ****.....that damn car is in pretty good condition for its age...and probably its use...survivor...maybe not...but close enuf for me.....maybe we need to add a new catagory....PURISTS only.....?

Thats a nice car! And for all you people wondering why it has slapper bars is cause it a has a terd 9" rear which never had pinion snubbers (only mopar had those and its one of the nice features of a mopar) hense the need for some sort of traction aid to prevent wheel hop :blob: Now all that car needs is a nice 8 3/4 3.91 sure grip!!! :burnout: :yawinkle:

and y put slapper bars on a mopar?

Thanks Emilio

-
Back