70 340 Swinger Dash and Column paint

-

Sublime Swinger

Reaction score
Was the dash and steering column both painted with that same textured lacquer paint? Think it was called a suede finish? And is the whole column including the collars painted in that finish or was part of it smooth? Reason I ask is my collars look smooth and the shaft looks textured.

Maybe, depends on the year. What color and year is the rest of the interior? Most FSMs will have the paint codes in the refinishing section.

Well that's the thing, the car was gutted at one time and I've slowly been getting the correct interior for the car, the car is an original 1970 340 Swinger with black interior. I found this in archives, but it doesn't specify dash color
1970_Color_Chart_Dodge_2.jpg
and I'm curious if Swinger's with Rallye dash had the suede finish on the dash or was it a smooth finish paint?

Was the dash and steering column both painted with that same textured lacquer paint? Think it was called a suede finish? And is the whole column including the collars painted in that finish or was part of it smooth? Reason I ask is my collars look smooth and the shaft looks textured.
My 69 barracuda and 67 dart both have suede finish paint on both the collars, column, and dash.

Well that's the thing, the car was gutted at one time and I've slowly been getting the correct interior for the car, the car is an original 1970 340 Swinger with black interior. I found this in archives, but it doesn't specify dash colorView attachment 1715075743and I'm curious if Swinger's with Rallye dash had the suede finish on the dash or was it a smooth finish paint?
Under suede finish "instrument panel". That is what it is. Like the A-model Ford. The more modern plastic finish bezel on a instrument cluster rather than holes cut in the metal is what we have. I never researched where the term "dash" originated. Far as I know all a-body dashes/instrument panels are suede finish.

So the actual metal frame that holds the instrument cluster and radio, glove box door, ashtray facia, etc. should be the suede finish?

-
Back