'70 340 Swinger; Woodgrain or not???

-

Possum

MOPAR LOVER
Reaction score
My '70 Dart Swinger 340 doesn't have the woodgrain interior, but every other one that I've seen does. How can I be sure that mine is correct?

On later models, the "woodgrain" dash and door panel accents were part of the deluxe interior package. The dash panels were bolted to the dash. If you don't have 4-5 holes in the center portion of your dash that you can't account for, you don't have the deluxe interior. (Likewise there will be 4-5 holes on the glove box door.)

Can't say for sure about the 70 models, but I'd expect the same sort of arrangement.

I was just checking your car out in the photo gallery. It is very nice.

The 70 rally dash had a wood sticker on the top part of the dash where the turnsignals are. You can get them from places like year one.

Yours is the 1st 1970 Swinger 340 I have seen (Including the 3 that I have owned) WITHOUT the woodgrain Cluster Trim!
It was a bit more than just a Sticker Burntorange70!
It is actually printed on a thin metal overlay that was attached to the Cluster.
I would presume that somebody replaced yours somewhere along it's life.
Looks real good like it is!
One FINE FE5 Swinger by the way Possum!
Only 1 thing I would change/add:
The Stainless Steel Pedal Dress up Package.
I think it would look awesome with the rest of the Black/Chrome theme.
Also, That is the only woodgrain that was on the 1970 340 Swingers (Except Console Top if equiped).

Hope this helped!
Later,
Bruce B.

Ok you got me. It was a metal backed sticker. LOL

I also like the pedal dress up package and added it to my Dart.

dart int.jpg

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom and kind comments. I believe I'll leave the dash the way it is.

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom and kind comments. I believe I'll leave the dash the way it is.

Hey I am not to far away from you. I live about 20 min away up 79 south up in the hills. Small world. Mabby we can hook up some time. was that your Dart I saw in old town at the car show? You going to the Spring Fling this year?

I also live off of the 79, close to the 15. I was at the Temecula show and shine, not the most recent one, but the one just prior to it.

I also live off of the 79, close to the 15. I was at the Temecula show and shine, not the most recent one, but the one just prior to it.

If you are going to the Spring Fling the members here are having a little get to gether. Mabby we will see you there. On Saturday just ask to be parked at the FABO group area.

-
Back