Status
Not open for further replies.

spike0137

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
In search of a 340 unsilenced air cleaner. 1970-1971
Shoot me a pm if you post here so I can get a email alert.
Thank you

I always wondered if you Got a 72 340 Air cleaner if you cut the Snorkel off would it look like a 70-71?

Attachments

• 11793141_1100434553317458_812523483_n.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 300
1969 was the last year for A-body with the unsilenced air breather housing. They were still available in chome from Summit Racing "Mopar Performance" I don't know if they still are. The 70-71 are harder to find. The only other is a 70-71 b-body w/ air grabbber hood they had the unsilened tops cut down .

If you need a 70-71 a-body I have one I would sell. But it is not unsilenced. I included pics of the breather I would sell. Again this is not an unsilenced breather picture. It is from a 1971 340 Demon. Glass beaded and self etched primed. Ready for your paint. Most that are original are wrinkle finsh and chipped. $250 shipped

Attachments

• camera 1 037.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 278
  • camera 1 038.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 260
  • camera 1 039.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 260
  • camera 1 040.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 239
I have a nice 70 71 340 air cleaner 350.00 plus shipping I will take a picture later

so you don't buy what you don't want here is a pic and discription

An unsilenced air breather is open on the bottom and smaller in over all diameter. The cover slips over filter.

On the silenced the filter is housed by the housing and the cover is a sealed lid . There are also baffles on the interior covering the holes in the housing.

Removing these baffles as we did in the old days gave you a little more 4 bbl roar in the car but not as much as the 69 and back.

Put a unsilenced on a later thermo-quad car and hear alot more suction than you can stand. Some guys liked that way back when. Like Me LOL. I think that is why they remade them

Read the box in the pick below. The discription is unsilenced if you can read it. Compare the pic to my breather pictured for a 70-71.

Just some help so you know what to buy. Steve

Attachments

• B-body parts 004.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 238
Thanks everyone, you are right Oldmanmopar I misspoke when I said unsilenced. I need the 1970-71 mopar a-body air cleaner. I sent you a message Oldmanmopar.
Thanks

I always wondered if you Got a 72 340 Air cleaner if you cut the Snorkel off would it look like a 70-71?

Yes and its a lot of work,has the same shape but you have to weld up the trap door assembly and then create a second opening and roll the edges of the snorkel opening. It came out alright but I sold my 71 340 Cuda and its now just garage art.

By the way that's a great deal on that one he offered up

Yes and its a lot of work,has the same shape but you have to weld up the trap door assembly and then create a second opening and roll the edges of the snorkel opening. It came out alright but I sold my 71 340 Cuda and its now just garage art.

By the way that's a great deal on that one he offered up
I just want the peace of mind to know it is at least possible lol Thanks for assuring me it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back