-
Status
Not open for further replies.

72Swinger360

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a nice 70-71 Dart Demon grille. It needs to have all of the mounting tabs intact and have no other cracks or breaks. I need the complete setup with headlight bezels and parking light lenses with pigtails.

I would like to find one in Western PA, Eastern OH, the Columbus OH area or Northwestern West Virginia so I can see it in person and pick it up.

MUST BE REASONABLE Nice driver quality grille! I WILL NOT pay $300.00 for a grille!

Email Joe at [email protected] with picts if you have something that will work for me.

So you want a MINT grille, but don't want to pay the price?? :angry7:

Good Luck! I have seen and sold the same grilles with minor damage for $200 +, so I would think $300.00 would be fair for one that is perfect! :toothy10:

The point I am trying to make is that the prices of the parts for these cars are getting way out of hand. 8-10 years ago these cars were considered throw-aways and you could get parts for next to nothing. Now everyone and there grandmother is trying to make a quick million bucks selling parts instead of working at a real job like the rest of us!

Oh Boy.

Ten years ago, you're right, nobody gave a crap about these cars, thus, no real demand. No demand = cheap part prices

I have a one or two that won't go anywhere as they are spares for my cars. Others that have 70-72 darts/demon do the same.

If they grew on trees they'd be $25, unfortunately nice used ones are REALLY hard to find. I have about 6 that need repair and get $75-100 for them.

You have to make a choice, find a parts car and piece it out, pay up for a nice original piece or go less $ and spend time fixing it up.

Just being very frank about it.

I take 100% blame for the popularity of these cars and the high prices parts demand now. I should never have started this site, LOL

Seems everything has gone up in price the last 8-10 years right??.......why should a Demon grille be any different??

I bought a nice one w/ one broken off tab for $200/shipped and thought that was reasonable

I am not trying to start anything here. I just think that it is pretty funny that now it is cheaper to buy a whole car so you can get a couple of parts from it than it is to buy the parts you need seperately. A couple months back a nice 70 Dart grille assembly and Taillights went on Ebay for $305.00. A week later a complete, rust free 70 Dart 4 door sold on Ebay for $385.00. Unfortunately Texas was a little to far to drive from PA. The Dart Demon grilles can be had reasonable, I watched a really nice one go on Ebay for under $130.00 just recently, so the deals are out there, I guess I will have to just keep looking!

I wasn't just talking about A-Bodies, I meant all Mopar parts in general. It seems that in the last few years the prices have jumped up more than usual, especially on parts that were considered by some to be undesirable not to long ago.

I think rjsjea hit the nail on the head. Its not just the price of parts, Its the prive of EVERYTHING !

I take 100% blame for the popularity of these cars and the high prices parts demand now. I should never have started this site, LOL

I think Adam should have to pay 50% of the purchase price since he is singularly responsible for this mess.
:toothy10:
Ray

I am not blaming anyone in particular for the high prices so get off my back!:angry7:

Can't anyone have an oppisote ooinion about something around here! I think the prices for alot of the parts we need are to high and until people stick together and say they will not pay these ridiculous prices they are going to stay high!

It is straight out PRICE GOUGING when someone trys to get $1,000.00 for a used hood scoop and believe me someone will be stupid enough to pay it!

No it is not the fact that everything else has gone up!

Mopar parts prices are higher than any other make of part like Ford and GM. The supply and demand argument will not work anymore either since alot of companies are now making qulity repos. of desirable Mopar parts but the prices of the nice used parts continues to be high!

If you guys don't want to help me find a reasonable grille, just leave me alone and quit posting negative and bashing replies!

I am not blaming anyone in particular for the high prices so get off my back!:angry7:

Can't anyone have an oppisote ooinion about something around here! I think the prices for alot of the parts we need are to high and until people stick together and say they will not pay these ridiculous prices they are going to stay high!

It is straight out PRICE GOUGING when someone trys to get $1,000.00 for a used hood scoop and believe me someone will be stupid enough to pay it!

No it is not the fact that everything else has gone up!

Mopar parts prices are higher than any other make of part like Ford and GM. The supply and demand argument will not work anymore either since alot of companies are now making qulity repos. of desirable Mopar parts but the prices of the nice used parts continues to be high!

If you guys don't want to help me find a reasonable grille, just leave me alone and quit posting negative and bashing replies!

You apparently have no clue what it means when someone uses the term "LOL" or inserts a smiley face into their post. It's a direct attempt to convey something called "humor" - for the uninitiated like yourself. It sometimes comes in the form of mild sarcasm and or irony. Take a chill pill and or get over yourself; no one denied you your right to your "oppisote ooinion" (sic).

Ray

Sorry, I may have sightly overreacted a little!:toothy10:

I do know humor, I just took the statements the wrong way and I apologize for that.

I still however, am going to stick to the meat of my statements that the prices need to drop or the everyday workers who love these cars and I believe are the majority of the people in our hobby, will not be able to afford to continue fixing up their cars.

I have found some deals lately for the 72 Dart so I know not everyone is asking high prices and I also know that with gas at or above $4.00 a gallon it is getting more expensive for people to do the big swap meets but that is still no excuse for the prices of parts solely advertised on the internet to stay high when there is no real overhead to posting an ad on a free site and sitting back and waiting for someone to contact you.

Sorry again for the freakout session!

Joe

These prices will not drop as these plastic grilles are not being reproduced and are only getting harder to find(supply and demand), especially in unbroken shape.These grilles are now antiques and that is another reason they'll never drop in price but will more than likely increase in value. They're out there for cheaper and if you find one you better snag it up with the quickness.

Again no help!

I will look until I find the deal for the grille that will work for me!

Not everyone is out to make a million bucks!

I will be selling my grille, NICE shape, no cracks, all tabs there and complete. Dont know what you are looking to pay, but make me an offer. I have another grille I am painting and when its done I will pull and sell the one in car. THANKS

Picture 656.jpg

Again no help!

I will look until I find the deal for the grille that will work for me!

Not everyone is out to make a million bucks!

Since I happened to sell parts, I think you need a reality check! All these original parts are getting harder to find, so if you think the prices are going to drop your just kidding yourself. You might get lucky and find a deal, but that may take a long time. That BS about no overhead selling parts online is a joke too! I have to take time to locate parts, pack parts, drive them to the Post Office, buy packing supplies, etc. That million dollar statement is also funny!

Good Luck finding a perfect grille, but it sounds like you should just buy a cheap one and fix it! Who the hell is looking at your car and checking the tabs on your grille anyway??? :angry7:

And that goes double for me GOD!:snakeman:
:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

And that goes double for me GOD!:snakeman:
:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

About what I expected from you! Maybe I should boo hoo about how I paid more for a 383 Road Runner that what I sold a 6 pak Runner for 6 years earlier?? You should seriously consider a GM. You buy the grilles for those cars new! :bootysha:

Well you don't even know me but I have met lots of guys like you! Cocky flippers who think they know it all and try to put everyone else down!

I know guys with GM's guys that have 10X the class you have :bootysha:Hole! All the other guys in this post were kidding but you don't have enough class or brains to just joke around when someone who has an opinion that differs from you screwed up views of the world!

I am done wasting my time and breath with a DIM WIT like you, so just :stop:!

Not to butt in, but don't you all think it's time for a Mod to step in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back