70 -72 bumper on 74 duster

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
when changing these bumpers. . do i mount the 70-72 bumper on to the 74 shock bumper bracket??? or. do i need the 70-72 bumper brackets and bolt those to the car. any who has done this. can i see pics. .under the bumper thanks

You will need the brackets for the 70-72 duster also. I would also like to see some pictures of one allready done.

...........I changed the whole front end 2 a 70.........use brackets along with bumper................i dont like the pointy nose...........kim..........

SORRy i didnt specify what i meant .was the REAR BUmPER. Im Ok With THe somewat pointy look. . DART SPORT poled IT out a little bit too far tho lol sorry for the confusion !!

Use the 70-72 brackets. You will need to drill some new holes for the different mounts though. All you should need to do is bolt the mounts on to the bumper. Then place the bumper up there where you want it and then mark where the holes need to be in the back of the car. Then just drill the holes out and mount the bumper up with some nuts and bolts.

One thig is there will be a gap on the sides of the car. If you look at 70-72 bumpers you will see they have a filler peice n there to hd this gap. Wou will need to weld one in to hide the gap or just leave it as it is.

100_1895.jpg

I always thought this was a cool idea myself. If I had a '73-up Duster, I'd definitely be doing this.

Here's a pic of someone that did exactly what you're talking about. He removed the trim around the tail lights too which looks cool. This was an article from Car Craft several years ago I bookmarked. Article here.

115111_large+1973_Plymouth_Duster+passenger_rear_side_view.jpg

-
Back