70 Dart 4 door custom is done!!

-

dans4door1970

Reaction score
Ok after the summer of questions and searches, it's done and WOW< am I satisfied. Bought this car in 1989 from the original little old lady who ordered it with radio delete, 3 on the tree and hd brakes and rear end and a 318. Wish she could see it now. Now a 408 stroker built by Sharadon Performance, 833 4speed on the floor. front and rear sway bars and Car Chemistry mufflers straight out of Doug's headers

PB180773.JPG

PB180774.JPG

PB180775.JPG

PB180777.JPG

PB180776.JPG

PB180780.JPG

Sweet car! A 408 in that envelope,is q ship first degree....

Not only a beautiful ride but I'm digging the fender badges!!! Classy.

Nice work on the car! I would love to find a great condition 4 door like that to hotrod and use as a family summer daily driver. I passed up a pretty good condition 68 four door a few years ago and I still kick myself for not buying that car. It was an original Wisconsin car so it had some rust in the front lower fenders and a couple of dents in them but everything else on the car was very solid. The interior still had its factory plastic on it and was mint and it had a nice running 273 so at least it was a v8 car. It would have been a fun car to do some suspension work to and then drive the snot out of it but I screwed up and passed on it. Anyway, great work on your car, it looks like a fun ride!

Yes, My wife didn't understand why I wanted this car in 1989. I've always liked different. Paid $850.00 and drove her home. Still have the car but the wife is gone!!!! ha ha ha ha

Not the norm for sure......but I am a fan of your build. Might just be me.....but I would breeze right by the factory restored 2-door to spend some time checking out your ride.

Mopar to ya'
Denny

Not the norm for sure......but I am a fan of your build. Might just be me.....but I would breeze right by the factory restored 2-door to spend some time checking out your ride.

Mopar to ya'
Denny
I have had several guys admire it and then say , to bad it's not a 2 door in which I reply, No, I didn't want to be one of the many, I wanted to be one of the few!! And this was my daily driver before I restored it when my 3 kids were little. The 4 doors were excellent!!!

No pcv, buy I might, We don't have smog requirements here
not about smog - I have essentially the same engine - the PCV will make it run properly - 'specially on the street. Proven science sir, a little reading up on it will set you in the right direction - allpar.com

not about smog - I have essentially the same engine - the PCV will make it run properly - 'specially on the street. Proven science sir, a little reading up on it will set you in the right direction - allpar.com
I went to the site, but can't find pcv info under la engines. what is the benefit? and do you just run one from the carb to a valve cover as usual? Thanks

Ok. I'll try it and see if there is any difference. I suppose either valve cover is fine. I don't have a pcv valve cover push in and these direct connection covers have baffles under the openings, so I don't know if a pcv valve has the depth it needs. I'll shop for a pcv breather. thanks

I think that's the most badass more door anything I've ever seen. The paint color and dog dishes with white letters makes the car. The stance is perfect too.

I have those valve covers and use a PCV. Check out my profile pic. A PCV will keep the inside of your motor clean and running good.

-
Back