70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
That would be a pretty cool trip though. Boosted could get that glide off me if he wants it. You could get those fenders, and you could even bring your 727 parts with you and we could tear into that. Then we could cruise up to PBRs shop, grab him, then go for some beers. One can only dream haha
I do want it. I just bought a TB and was going to reach out to you as soon as it gets here.

I do want it. I just bought a TB and was going to reach out to you as soon as it gets here.
You could drive Fred over and you'd only have to shift 1 time all the way home ( pop up toaster)

Ask Tim about the time Jim through the ball peen hammer at him and it flew out the window and busted their old man's windshield. lol
Oh yeah he told me that story lol. Tim could've really benefited from that hammer to the skull lol
His brother seems pretty nice though now.
He says hello !

I got my rear cross member in and welded.
I somehow never fail at mistakes measuring but it was just an angle issue, couldn't get an angle finder to do it's job where I was at.
So I call these structural gussets lol

IMG_20240210_135443716_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240210_161218319_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240210_161106489_HDR.jpg

So there ya have it. More to come

So is this thing going to be ready for renegade in June?, if it isn't then technically you forfeit the race and Bill can make you wear a dress!:lol:

So is this thing going to be ready for renegade in June?, if it isn't then technically you forfeit the race and Bill can make you wear a dress!:lol:
I don't wear dresses. Jeremiahs kids will be there and nobody wants kids seeing a Redbeard man in a dress... Especially me lol.

So yesterday I figured something out when everything lined up and measured the same except the frame rails distance to the quarter panel.
I totally forgot about offset Chrysler put into the car, so I have to remeasure that and or just be okay with 18 on the passenger side and 19 on the driver side.
When I measured the stuff last Sunday I had 18ish on both sides.
Anyways I don't really need a delay

I thought I took more pictures today but today was more cutting, more grinding, more cleaning.
I needed to do a little bit of work to square up my spring boxes so I pulled the rear frame section out so I don't have to lay under the car. Smarter not harder atleast for today. Also spent half the daylight cleaning the house with my wife.

IMG_20240211_154900293_HDR.jpg

Well today I'm welding the subframe connectors to my rear cross member. I took the time to clean up some welds and reweld them around the structure under the main hoop and diagonal bars. Redoing stuff sucks and it hurts because it was a lot of sparks which land on my redhead.
If I had only realized from the start of the build how much I like fabrication I would have gutted this entire car and just built a tube chassis car.
This will do for now, the chassis should be strong and I'll stop looking at the torsion bar and factory front frame rails with disgust lol.
I am going to weld 4 of these bars in .

IMG_20240212_142019242_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240212_142026956_HDR.jpg

And I hate mill scale jeez.

Well today I'm welding the subframe connectors to my rear cross member. I took the time to clean up some welds and reweld them around the structure under the main hoop and diagonal bars. Redoing stuff sucks and it hurts because it was a lot of sparks which land on my redhead.
If I had only realized from the start of the build how much I like fabrication I would have gutted this entire car and just built a tube chassis car.
This will do for now, the chassis should be strong and I'll stop looking at the torsion bar and factory front frame rails with disgust lol.
I am going to weld 4 of these bars in .

View attachment 1716206300

View attachment 1716206298
And I hate mill scale jeez.
That’s gonna be strong as hell, but weigh more than my superstock!

-
Back