70 dart 6.4 8hp70 for mom

-
Stopped by the shop today to get in the driver seat for the first time. I'm 6 foot tall and with the scat pack charger seat set all the way back not much head room. We could modify the floor but mom is shorter and I don't want delay the car getting to paint and and more strain on the budget. Only mention this in case other members are considering this. The us car tool core support brace is on. The 26 inch radiator is done and fits almost perfect in the 22 inch opening. The bulkhead is in for the heater and a/c lines. Still waiting on the inner fender supports from XV motorsports.

Pictures sure would be cool I am doing an 8hp70 right now and won't be cutting up the entire tunnel only back half where Holley hoop goes in.

Yeah would love share pictures. All the ones I have are too big to load. The main problem.in the tunnel is the torsion bar cross member. Also that trans sits way back. The shop used my frame ties to attach to the Holley mounts.

Yeah would love share pictures. All the ones I have are too big to load. The main problem.in the tunnel is the torsion bar cross member. Also that trans sits way back. The shop used my frame ties to attach to the Holley mounts.
Yeah I imagine the hemi sits further back closer to firewall. I don't plan to move my engine back using an adapter from LA block to 8hp70. I know it won't be perfect we'll see what happens.

I was hopping not to modify my tunnel either but the 8h70 is a much larger trans than stock tunnels can handle. At least on abodies.

Stopped by the shop today to get in the driver seat for the first time. I'm 6 foot tall and with the scat pack charger seat set all the way back not much head room. We could modify the floor but mom is shorter and I don't want delay the car getting to paint and and more strain on the budget. Only mention this in case other members are considering this. The us car tool core support brace is on. The 26 inch radiator is done and fits almost perfect in the 22 inch opening. The bulkhead is in for the heater and a/c lines. Still waiting on the inner fender supports from XV motorsports.
I'm not sure if it'll work but screenshot your pictures... It should resize them and make the screenshot postable

Last edited:
I was hopping not to modify my tunnel either but the 8h70 is a much larger trans than stock tunnels can handle. At least on abodies.
Did you use the Holley cross member upper hoop replacement. I'm taking out the upper factory one it's huge and in the way and trimming the lower part as well. I'm sure I need to cut some ears off transmission they stick way way up. Already seen that done on A body without removing entire tunnel just have to see. Worst case I will cut out existing make it wider and a little taller.

Going to the shop today if I can I will grab some pics for you. I didn't use the upper hoop. I didn't cut the ear off mine fyi

I'm not sure if it'll work but your pictures... Pretty sure that makes them small enough to share
Edited to say... Screenshot your pictures, it should resize them and make them postable

Thanks we're in business. Gonna post all my pics sorry if the are out of order here is my trans tunnel

Screenshot_20240322-123340-494.png

Screenshot_20240322-123303-087.png

Last edited:
I used the holley mount for the 8hp70 in a b body with a custom mount to the frame ties in the car

Last edited:
Nice which transmission cross member is that? I'm using the B body 8hp70 trans mount with a modified nag 1 cross member Blackheart unit but my transmission is farther forward due to 360 location. I did look at your mount style and motortrend did a write up using a Chevy style cross member behind factory location. Looks really familiar for a hemi conversion of course.

-
Back